Window and door protection. 1802 choices?

Hi All:

Had a wind mit on a house last week. I was a little confused on which box to check in the 1802 form. The house had shutters on EVERY window and all doors EXCEPT the garage door. The garage door was not rated or braced and the door was glazed. The shutters were verified with a label. (see attached.) How would you answer question #7 in the 1802? That chart can be a tad confusing when getting a house that has protection.

Jim

Could be D or X for the first garage door column depending on if the door meets D or not.

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT][size=4]
[size=4][FONT=TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT]X. [/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT]None or Some Glazed Openings[/FONT]
The glazed garage door without protection (ie: shutters covering the whole garage door from structure to structure), is the same as any other Glazed Opening unprotected. But this would be reflected in its own space upon the chart.

Your chart should have A checked under glazed windows and doors, and** X under glazed garage doors**. N/A checked under Non Glazed Garage doors…Based upon my understanding of your example…:slight_smile:

Tell them to replace the garage door to get the credit. Depending on the size of the door it may be a wash in price the first year.

Depending on the size of the door, it may be less expensive to put up some shutters over the garage door.

Advise them to consult their agent as to the possible svaings prior to spending any money on shutters or a new door. Depending on their present ratings, the shutter credit may not be worth the expense.

All great feedback thank you. That was the answer i put on the report “none or some”

jim