Window damage information

Information on “foggy” windows - DOCUMENT - Provided by www.windowrevision.com

This will help you understand more about how thermal pane windows are made, how they fail, types of glass damage and the choices available for repair.

Great Thanks Brian love it … Cookie

Good post Brian; very informative.

Thanks

Marcel :slight_smile:

There is a company here in Canada, Crystal Clear (not Crystallaire), that has similar product or may be a branch operation of the US one. Their prices are about 50% of the cost of a new glass unit installed…seems they have you between a rock and a hard place. A large window may cost you $400-$500+ for 1/2 to an hour’s work. If I was younger, I probably be giving it a good lookover for the potential of the market!!

http://www.ccwwi.com/images/TorontoStarJan3104.pdf

edit: The prices in the above article are different than we were told at an HI presentation here about 2 years ago. This sounds a bit more reasonable.

Yet another edit: found the promo stuff they’d sent me 8 weeks or so ago- cost= $15-$20/sq ft…so that 6x5 picture window is going to be $450-$600!!

Sorry. Forgot the company’s correct name; couldn’t find it on the web. Old age!! As Mae West or Bette Davis said: “Growing old ain’t for sissies!”

Cheaper to replace the glass unit yourself. I had to when the glazier kept failing to show up and the glass shop offered me the “no-install” option. It was only $30 for a large double-paned unit (probably 4 feet square), custom made-to my exact specifications. No low E but I had no E anyway.