Wisconsin License Wait Time

Any Inspectors from Wisconsin on here know how long it takes for license approval and getting the link for state law exam?

I’m trying to get everything in order and want to setup some ride alongs but I want to have my license and insurance first.

1 Like

The link for the state exam came in a couple of days. Once I finished it, it was almost three weeks before my license was approved.

2 Likes

Going on two weeks and I haven’t heard anything yet. I even paid the extra $10 to expedite the process.

That State exam is something, eh? Lol.

1 Like

Here in the state of NY home inspectors are required to be licensed by the state. I spent the winter taking evening courses, doing mock inspections and writing reports. I passed the state exam in February, completed the coursework at the end of March, and sent a license application with the $250 fee on April 12, 2021. The state cashed the cheque right away. In a few weeks I received a form letter asking for additional materials (course completion certificates) which I mailed via USPS Priority on May 6, 2021. Now it’s June 2 and I’m still awaiting my license. The NYS State Dept website very cleverly avoids posting any phone contact info, but I did eventually find an email address to which I sent an inquiry as to the status of the application. No response came. I’m in limbo, unable to begin my work as an inspector. Has anyone got any ideas as to what the problem might be? Is NYS notorious for this? Thanks,
Reno in NY

Welcome to our forum, Reno!..Enjoy! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like