WM/4 point Declaratory Statement

There is this:
(7) These Standards of Practice do not limit inspectors from:
(a) Including other inspection services, in addition to those required by these Standards of Practice;

So now, you are not limited to perform another inspection, as in, a wind mitigation or four-point inspection. When you perform those inspections, now you have problems. The wind mit is the biggest problem, especially question one.

A four-point inspection is very easy. It is a home inspection minus a few items and I would suggest that everyone perform those inspections to the SoP…which incidentally, is a minimum.

I know of three inspectors that are about to find out, that doing a whitewash 4-point is going to cost them. As Bill said, the home inspection should mirror the 4-point. In the instances of these three, it didn’t.

In the instances above, the insurance company dropped the clients after sending “someone” out to inspect the homes. Since the individuals did home inspections and 4-point inspections at the same time and the reports are different, they now have some splainin to do. And, in one instance, it won’t be cheap. Two of the individuals may get off easy.

:mrgreen:

Some folks have to learn the hard way Eric…

That’s great we have home inspectors setting up other home inspectors to make us all jump through more hoops. F-ing pathetic.

Nervous? :mrgreen:

If by jumping through more hoops, you mean doing the job correctly, so be it.
Way back when, I begged for a standardized 4-point form. Numerous people didn’t want that and if I am not mistaken, you were one of them. I would have called it stopping the beast before it got too big. Now it is to late. Enjoy it. Those one page 4-points that have nothing wrong on them are going to start to come under scrutiny, and when they do, well, it won’t be me.

Now, mainly due to the Citizens form, and the word “all” on that form, it has put home inspectors and for that matter, everyone else in a rather precarious situation. Without a true Standards of Practice, what will happen is that the “standard of care” will become the new standard. In some instances, it already has.

The wind mitigation inspection is another problem. If one wanted, one could construe every question on that form a code question. With that comes increased liability.

I have proposed in several instances that a new form be designed and even offered to do it. What do you get credit for in the hurricane and non-hurricane zones? Make the questions all yes or no answers. Simple. No tables, no pictures, nothing. If you want to question what I wrote down on the form, send your guys out and take all the pictures you want.

The case that has been settled is the tip of the iceberg. There will be more and they will not go quietly.

I ain’t nervous at all and had the discussion with another inspector that a 4 point and regular inspection better match.

Word has been out for some time that folks are trying to set me up and I have not changed a damn thing because of it.

F-ing Idiots and lower than whale s-it is all I have to say on it. They are only hurting the little mom and pop inspectors. The big companies that really break the rules on purpose it won’t hurt a bit.

Hell they are already preferred contractors so to speak.

There ain’t no money in WM.
We really need to get together and jack up the cost of WM’s across the board to a minimum of $200. That may get the OIR to wake up …maybe! Hey! Your a ss is on the line…Huh?

Roy great idea but besides being illegal the big companies would refuse to do it and we would lose yet again.

All this BS is a direct result of licensing. The idiots that wanted that should suffer some terrible fate…Embarrassing or something nothing fatal :slight_smile:

There ain’t no money, well for some anyway, because of people who charge 50 bucks …or less. I wouldn’t fall into that category. I would say that those who charge these ridiculous rates were whores…but that would be an insult to whores.

And don’t go blaming everything on licensing. What have you done Mike with regards to licensing? Anything?

FWIW, I am noticing more calls for four point inspections in lieu of full home inspections for properties currently under contract. For the record, I do not perform these inspections.

Inspected a new structure last week, getting the C/O revoked based off of my report. The structure literally qualified for nothing on the 1802 and had 75K worth of repairs, the property was listed for 240K. My client backed out of the sale this week. Anyone wanna bet within 1 week they have another buyer and a 1802 that gives credit for everything?

Try $40…

http://www.meekerindustries.com/#!windmitigation/cjg9

The Florida SOP for doing a home inspection are not the minimum requirements, they are the Florida Requirements.

And if you don’t correctly do the things that Florida says to do then Florida and possibly your client can go after you.

You are allowed to do as much as you want over and beyond the Florida SOP. Inspectors can inspect all the extra items they want, do all the extra things that they want to where the inspector is qualified and/or has special knowledge. You also can report all the extra information that you want to.

All of the extra beyond the SOP requirements is up to the inspector on how much they want to do.

Most of the inspectors reading these comments I believe are doing more than the SOP requires.

Items need to be inspected that are listed in SOP 61-30.801 thru 61-30.811.

Below are the Florida St. reporting requirements. The SOP rules can not require any additional reporting requirements.
I’m only talking about Mitigation Inspections. Are the WM reporting requirements different than these are?

468.8323Home inspection report.—Upon completion of each home inspection for compensation, the home inspector shall provide a written report prepared for the client.
 (1)The home inspector shall report:
 (a)On those systems and components inspected that, in the professional opinion of the inspector, are significantly deficient or are near the end of their service lives.
 (b)If not self-evident, a reason why the system or component reported under paragraph (a) is significantly deficient or near the end of its service life.
 ©Any systems and components that were present at the time of the inspection but were not inspected, and a reason they were not inspected.
 (2)A home inspector is not required to provide estimates related to the cost of repair of an inspected property.

Maybe a few WM inspectors need to be sued for their inspections. I’m not wanting any harm on anyone, but maybe when a Judge hears everything about WM inspections and OIR’s refusal to provide instructions on performing the inspections/filling out the form or answering questions about the form/inspections, the required training for some inspectors that receive different conflicting information from Instructors/Course Providers without any OIR stamp of approval/this is the correct way to do this on this information that something could to done to correct these issues.

Richard Haynes

Finally… Vindication in right-valuing Florida home inspector licensing. :lol:

That makes the SOP a minimum, the least you have to do.

As I have said many times, the whole wm program was designed to put money in contractors pockets. When it didn’t happen, the form was changed. I suspect it will continue to change until everyone has to retrofit their homes or be stuck with forced-placed insurance. Same for the 4-points. Another sham…scam…off for another inspection. Should be done around 1…report and all! :mrgreen:

LOL…in the dictionary under redundant it says “see redundant”.

…glad I’m not the only one who caught that…:wink:

Eric post some nice food pics like you used to man. Hope all is well with you up the coast!..

Bert

Things couldn’t be better!
Just having a little fun… :mrgreen:

As you requested…The Masterbuilt people seem to think I know what I am doing…at least as far as cooking goes! :smiley:

A few more for you Bert…
Smoked chicken wings
Wings and 2 chickens
Chili
Chicken Parmesan
and, The pinewood Derby car for my son.

lol… Good Lord. You must run/jog an awful lot to maintain your weight Eric. I can’t even smell that without gaining a couple pounds…lol

Very Nice…

Bert