Wondering What This IS????????

Could someone tell me what these things are for ?

Looks like twin lead for an old television antenna. The alligator clips would have attached to screws on the back of the set.

They all used to be this way

Yep.

Very Nice , Thank you very much

Now we know how young you really are! :wink:

Yes ,I’m a young buck and learning everyday :shock:

The cable is a twin-lead balanced 300 Ohm radio and television antenna lead. Balanced 300 Ohm antenna leads are now rarely used. They have been replaced by unbalanced 75 Ohm antenna leads, inputs and outputs. A modern radio or television can be used with the old 300 Ohm twin-lead by using an impedance matching Bal-Un (aka balun).

lol it is surprising what you find, good thing for these old guys lolol

As a side note, the installation in the photo is improper. The spacing of the leads in a balanced antenna is important and it is equally important that no other conductors are in close proximity to the 300 Ohm antenna because the antenna will lose its balance and there will be significant transmission losses. That is one advantage to the newer unbalanced antennas.

Thank you guys for the very useful information. And yes I’m very proud to be a InterNACHI member and the wealth of knowledge here. Thank you guys again.:smiley:

I think I still have one in my basement drawer. :mrgreen::wink:

Time to let it go Marcel. :wink:

Dam, I hate to throw stuff away.
Mike, you sound like my Wife. :mrgreen::wink:
She is always after me to throw stuff away.

I have a wife like yours. :wink:

I used to have a hobby farm with a 40x80 pole bldg. and a various other buildings.

You know what they say, the more space you have the more junk you collect. :shock:

I had to get rid of so much stuff I didn’t know what I still owned for several years after the move into town.

Lately she has been desperately trying to organize me and get rid of more stuff.

She’s doing a great job too.:smiley:

Sh!t, I’m feeling old !! :shock: I still have some of that wire kicking around the house somewhere, I think?? Oh, I know where it is…right next to my 8-track collection.:smiley:

A lot of truth to that.
I went downstairs to see if I still had that and threw it away a month or so ago on her rampage of me cleaning the basement.
Still have the adaptors though. :slight_smile: Just in case. LOL

That’s nothing. I still have a TV that it hooks up to! ;-):mrgreen:

Probably have to pay to get rid of too.:shock:

That’s what garage sales are for! (Still works)! :slight_smile:

Are the tubes still intact?
Worth money now. Post it on ebay, everything sells there. :slight_smile: