Wood stays wet forever

Been 3 week since the last rain in this area of the home inspected yesterday and still found interior moisture. House had been vacant for 8 months and the thermostat was on 50 no evaporation taking place. I did not need IR after viewing the mess on the roof but IR sure makes good marketing.:mrgreen::smiley:

Agreed Charley especially where I am!

Not forever…

http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/IMAGES/Arizona/PetrifiedWoodLog.jpg

Not to me. To be honest, I know nothing about IR, so I’m just like one of your clients, Charley. Those images convey no information at all to me. Can you give me the text you included in the report so that I can understand it like your clients did?

Just curious, what was the humidity inside the home?

The chimney flashing as viewed from on the roof visually and from the interior with the infrared camera is leaking as confirmed with moisture meter repair as necessary.

The skylight as viewed from on the roof visually and from the interior with the infrared camera is leaking as confirmed with moisture meter repair as necessary.

Those are my basic statements concerning moisture and using the IR images in the report I use green arrows pointing to the areas of concern I also include a digital of the same area.

25%:D:D