Would you attend conference call training sessions?

Originally Posted By: rharrington
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

For example I was interested in Joe’s electrical training but it was cost prohibitive. Not the dollars spent but the days away from the job.

We use conference call training as a means to save travel costs and increase overall productivity on a regular basis in my other job.

Can I suggest that an on line training be set up so that we can dial in from home or office on a conference call... hear the speaker and see the slides? Also, there is a method of asking questions. It can set up password protected and we would need to pay a fee (if required) to get a password to attend the meeting. The slides or material is mailed out to the interested parties before the meeting.

I would imagine that would be a fully attended conference call.

Anyone else interested in something like this?

This could lead to more training to each home inspector by the GREAT members of NACHI !!!

just a thought?

Rick

--
Rick A. Harrington
Central Ohio Home Inspections
www.patchhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: rbennett

Rick

Yes

This is how some of the large corps do some of their training

With powerpoint and audio one is good to go

For the call look into Skype -- I use it and it is free

RLB

Originally Posted By: rharrington

Richard,

I agree. I am part of a very large corporation. (Being outsourced) and we do that daily.

I didn't know if the IT staff combined with the Education staff at NACHI would want to organize this type of training or would one of us need to take the initiative?

Thanks,

Rick

--
Rick A. Harrington
Central Ohio Home Inspections
www.patchhomeinspections.com