WTF Picture of the Day

WTF?

What looks like a gap between the metal and the roofing is the tar paper from the wall. The view is of the parapet top.

1 Like

Roofing detail photo

2 Likes

Air gap flue:

With bonus melted insulation touching flue pipe.

3 Likes

Solar heat before solar was cool. Don’t see this too often in MN.

2 Likes

Solar panel or horse blanket? Hard to tell.

1 Like

No vent elbow on hand? No problem, I also do gutters.

6 Likes

Hope you had your CO2 sniffer… :stuck_out_tongue: :shushing_face: :wink:

1 Like

If the shoe fits…

4 Likes

I think this is missing a spoonful or two of dirt.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Amazing what splashing water and ground contact does to white cedar. They should of kept replacing when they changed the window.

2 Likes

It’s a little hard to tell what this is, but once you realize it, it’s WTF:

Droopy dog eared rafter.

2 Likes

Guess who got a face full of water while reaching in to test the sump pump. I know what they were trying to do, but I don’t think they understood the assignment.

4 Likes

Kinda big for a needed weep hole

The correct stainless steel gasketed vent pipe is not that crazy expensive where it would be worth doing all this work to try and use b-vent, lol. High efficiency mechanical/power vented gas boiler. The run could have been made way shorter as well.

1 Like

Tell us a bit more about what they tried to do…

Basically they used b vent and taped all the seams instead of using the gasketed stainless steel vent components required by the manufacturer. They for some reason ran the vent clear to the front wall of the home as well, when they could have easily went out the same side the furnace is on, using a much shorter run. That would have made the cost of using the correct vent fairly close to the cost of using 30 feet of b-vent, lol.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you’ll even find a manufacture that says to install a weep hole anymore. All the pumps have a built-in vent nowadays.

1 Like

Love that it’s one clip lead and one wirenut. I guess it prevents two clip leads from shorting out to each other.

3 Likes

Other than Zoller?

1 Like