WTF Picture of the Day

I was just up in Robbinsville NC a week ago doing a commercial job. I must have seen 40 pick-ups with hunting dogs on Saturday. It is bear season.

I spoke with this hunter, he said most of hunters won’t bag one because most of their dogs don’t know how to tree them ( and usually get hurt in the process) and the hunter couldn’t shoot if it was standing still.

He was a fun character. This was his vehicle.

5 Likes

Know any skinny electricians??

11 Likes

6 Likes

At least the attic hatch was insulated. Next frontier: a hinge and air sealing.

1 Like

That was Chuck holding the access for me.
10 min later when I came out of the attic he was still like that.

5 Likes

Brian, that is a long wheelbase jeep, especially the front of it. was there storage under there, too?

That’s where they put the :bear:

Now Larry, lots of folks make fun of us down here in this part of country because we “talk” slow and such, but we do have some of the most ingenious and resourceful folks to walk the planet.

You should know that is a built in grill/smoker so you don’t have drag one along with ya. Takes up space when ya can just add it to the front of the Jeep… :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :wink:

4 Likes

You’re right, it has a Jeep emblem right on the side. Honestly, I thought he just grabbed some jeep pieces and added them to some old military vehicle. I do not know what was under the hood, we did not speak for long. As nice as he was, he certainly acted as if he had somewhere to be. Otherwise, I would have bought him a cup of coffee. He reminded me of the American version of Crocodile Dundee.

4 Likes

Homeowner Quiz, master level
If you have a problem with rats in the crawl space, then you should:

a) Seal all openings to the crawl space
b) Set traps
d) Set out rat poison
e) Set out rabbit food pellets for the rats, to lull them into a false sense of complacency

3 Likes

Yesterday’s inspection - bathroom reading material… … …

7 Likes

So, what did it tell you? LOL

7 Likes

Lay off the asparagus!!

3 Likes

You are taking enough vitamins…

3 Likes

Hmmm. A garage soffit? Scroll down for more.

Above the soffit. Rafter bottom chords cut off!

Well I’m no engineer but might explain this!

4 Likes

Looks like maybe a single center chord was added, just to the left of the first arrow? Is there a matching “soffit” on the other side?

1 Like

He must have got a deal on vinyl siding.

2 Likes

Yep, matching soffit on both sides. there were a series of non-standard braces added but not much actually doing anything to support the roof. They had insulated between the top chords and applied sheathing to the bottom side of the top chords, adding even more weight.

Anyone up for a game of jenga?

4 Likes

Anyone ready for roof salad ? This is from an inspection years ago.

2 Likes