WTF Picture of the Day

They’re called Tree Huggers
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

main-qimg-cff26fa1932b76cde750e6d468deebc0-lq

That would be a dryer vent into a natural draft flue. Not my picture (fortunately?)

3 Likes

6 Likes

Damn water heater installed upside down. First time I’ve see that.

3 Likes

Not my photo, but interesting

9 Likes

[quote=“Brian Cawhern, CMI, post:818, topic:204049, username:bcawhern1”]

" Exterior electrical receptacles should be GFCI protected and be enclosed in an approved weather resistant casing"… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

That tree is likely way more weather resistant than a standard box :-). Many of the exterior outlet boxes I inspect are not really waterproof. I’m now more of fan of “drains quickly” than “weathersealed”.

2 Likes

Things are running hot! :fire: :fire_engine: :firefighter:

4 Likes

Woah. Did you discover this? Did you put the cover back on?

1 Like

Yeah, at an inspection today. And I almost didn’t open the cover because I was pissed about what you see in the picture below, lol. But I’m glad I did.

2 Likes

Good work, glad you’re ok.

2 Likes

Thanks. I did put the cover back on. I felt it might be the only thing that keeps the home from burning down completely. Notified listing agent.

It was the same house as the messed up deck I posted on another thread. Below is another neat find on that deck, lol…

Joist hangers attached directly to siding.

3 Likes

Woah again. I bet you felt like you were on candid camera. It’s almost staged for TV.

2 Likes

It was a doozey. 90 separate items in this report (and multiples of some). :hot_face:

3 Likes

2 for tuesday.

3 Likes

Ryan was this the house with the cantilevered deck?

1 Like

Yes, it was.

1 Like

When I saw the photographs of the deck the electrical panel location and condition was no surprise. That’s the kind of inspection you can’t charge enough money for, lots of writing.

2 Likes

I agree. I did charge a lot of money and they also purchased radon and water testing (well water). And it was only a 15 minute drive, which is unusual for me. But yes, the report was a bear.

2 Likes

His contractor that said the deck was fine will probably say there was nothing wrong with your findings. LOL

1 Like