WTF Picture of the Day

Where the disposal was…

I love the symmetry of the arrangement.

1 Like

Who needs a trap? This direct connection uses less material and is so easy to install. Anyone can do it.

9 Likes

House hanging over a hillside. Is this a crawlspace? I’ve never seen a house like this in Tennessee. The foundation is steel on concrete footings with wooden floor structure supported by steel I-beams. Plumbing is all exposed similar to a crawlspace but there is no skirting. It was hard to walk around under this as the land slopes about 8/12 pitch down to the river. Built 1971.

4 Likes

House hanging over a hillside. Is this a crawlspace? I’ve never seen a house like this in Tennessee. The foundation is steel on concrete footings with wooden floor structure supported by steel I-beams. Plumbing is all exposed similar to a crawlspace but there is no skirting. It was hard to walk around under this as the land slopes about 8/12 pitch down to the river. Built 1971.

2 Likes

Second floor laundry, Maybe they thought that pipe sticking up out of the floor was a bumper to prevent wall damage.?.

1 Like

Lovely gas line. This is based on a gentle shove that immediately reverberated:

1 Like

Has anyone ever seen a drain shut off valve?

4 Likes

Does it drain into an under sink pump?

1 Like

No. It went into the main drain. To be honest I had no visual on the other end. It was in a finished basement. Went into the wall from the sink. City sewer no septic

1 Like

20220921-24
20220921-25
20220921-27
20220921-26

I did the predrywall on this house for a young couple, but did not get called to do the final. Oh well, money’s tight nowadays no biggie. 10 months later, I get called to set up an 11-month warranty inspection on their house, great! At the inspection today, I’m doing my usual routine inspecting the electrical panel with the homeowner following behind me. The 50 amp breaker felt a little hot. Double check by touching the AFCI breakers, which were only slightly cooler. Look on the panel directory, it’s for a car charger. I remembered there being a tesla plugged in in the garage(these youngsters and their tesla). I ask the homeowner, “you charging your tesla?” Him, “no it’s not charging”. Huh?, I am thinking “why the hell is it hot then? Did it finish charging recently? he’s not screwing with me right?”. Then it hit me, but no way right…Insulation shows no signs of heat damage, wire shows no discoloration, and no other indication except one of the breaker screws look to be of a slightly different tightened height…

Gave the red a little tug, nothing. Give the black a little tug, SPARK. Well guess that saves me the time of having to explain to the homeowner why this is a problem. Visual aids are great.

I ask him, “so when did you buy the tesla? Must be recent right?” Him, “nope, had the tesla since I moved in”

So…he’s been charging his tesla for almost a year with the wire on the breaker loose and the breaker/wire hasn’t caught fire yet. Wish I had this kind of luck.

3 Likes

Just need a couple more of these to complete my photo collage for a fun Facebook marketing post.

3 Likes

Well, they don’t get hit out of wack up there. LOL

3 Likes

Crazy thing is, for the vast majority of people, they are not troublesome when mounted in the correct location, lol. I maybe have to adjust mine slightly once or twice a year and it takes a whole 2 seconds. I think some people are just to lazy to run the wire.

1 Like

The caulk can fix anything channel presents: the leaning sink of Pisa:

2 Likes

Wile E. Coyote award of the day.

Parking garage, about 10 feet up. Oh, yeah, it was full.
No sign of fresh painting nearby either.

3 Likes

That’s usually the biggest factor right there. I have to use all those little staples. LOL

1 Like

New home inspection today. When checking shingle adhesion, I would guess that roughly 1/3 of all the shingles did not adhere. It looks like they were defective, no tar strip visible. (You would think a roofer would notice, these were scattered throughout the entire roof)

6 Likes

Just wondering if any of you know of any recalls on the new Sugar Breakers?

4 Likes

Sub paner
Drayer
Suger Breaker

3 Likes

Most of the new construction around here also have a circuit labeled “Smockies”; spanish for smoke alarms.

1 Like