www.myfloridalicense.com

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO www.myfloridalicense.com until the virus has been removed. It will destroy your computer. I went ther today to check the status of my CE courses and the site has a virus which has destroyed my laptop computer’. It is no longer functional for any thing after I entered my name and pass word. BE WARE BE WARE

Did you have any sort of protection on your computer before you went there?

YES>>>>>>I ware a condom all the time. The site f##k#d up my computer. It is down for the count, until IT fixes it tomorrow.

How do you know for certain that is the cause. It sure seems unlikely…

Maybe you got it another way. You would think that would make the news or something.

All I know is I went to DBPR to check on my CE courses to see if they were updated and the only way I could get to my account was through www.myfloridalicense.com to see CE credits and when i ENTERED MY USER NAME AND PASS WORD under Licenseee login mY COMPUTER FROZE AND i HAD TO RESTART IT, AND IT NEVER STARTED AGAIN.SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, i AM FU**ING PISSED.

From now on when INACHI or anyone else needs to know if my credits are being applied to FLORIDA they can go there them selves and good friging luck finding out. This shi$ cost me a $600.00 dollar computer.FUC# YOU FLORIDA GOV

I wonder how many people reading this post clicked on the forbidden website! I did- my computer didn’t explode.

Enter your name and pass word and see what happens. Your in Indiana, Do you have a FLORIDA LICENSE

I have been there often and sent others there recently and NEVER had a problem.

Just trying to tell you I doubt it happened from there. Coincidence sadley likely for you.

Do let us know if you ever do figure it out for sure but I do believe you may be wrong.

Thanks for the warning!

Michael You may be right, but this evening when I went to this site to confirm my Ce hours had been registered when i entered my name and password under the licensee portal my computer froze and, and all I could do was to shut my computer down. It has not worked or restarted since. I do not know what the problem is, I am just warning everyone to be careful if you go to this site, for me it is devastating. I can not access anything . I am on my home computer now , only to complain and forwarn everyone of a possible problem. And it happened when I entered my name and pass word .

John even if your computer did get a virus from the site (not too likely to cause damage that fast) you could always just reformat your machine. You don’t need to get a new one!

Thanks Dom I don;t know what else to do .
We have already done every thing we know to do to reboot, back up from a previous point, and update the entire system, and to no avail, it will not restart. I will take it to the shop tomorrow and see what can be done.I have had others that have had problems, but never this quick, whether it be the site I was at or a mailfunction in the computer.I do not know what happened. I just hope I don;t loose all my files.

Thank for the warning, i was just doing the same but did not get that far… Woooww

I hate when I hear of things like this if it was the Florida site or something else. Even you back up to a fried CPU won’t matter. Good reason to adopt the practice of uploading everything to a Cloud. I think it’s great. Won’t solve everything but at least you still have you and your Client’s docs.
Hope you got your CPU back up John…

Virus is the first thing many go to as a problem with a system today. Some illusive problems only emulate what looks like a virus.

Your problem may be in the RAM. One of the sticks may be faulty. Typically the problems start slow and accelerate exponentially. But, it can happen suddenly.

You try everything and nothing works. IT have all sort of ideas as reformat hard drive, replace hard drive, this that and the other. Because they are just shooting from the hip. You run diagnostic test on all parts of the system and all looks good (no failures or reports). The odd thing about the ram failing is that it will past diagnostic tests right and left. But you replace it and poof the problem is solved. Ram is cheap enough that you can increase what you have now without a lot of cost. No harm no foul if the RAM is not the problem. Unless you have access to matching RAM for your system. Then try swapping out to verify that it is not the RAM.

Just an idea/suggestion. Good luck

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

It isn’t the website. The problem is your computer.
I just logged in:

Main Menu License Menu Logoff

Home Inspector #HI591

Logged in as Van De Ven, Eric C

Continuing Education Requirements

The following information pertains to your Home Inspector license (#HI591):

Continuing Education courses are first used to satisfy deficiencies in previous renewal cycles.
For more information go to our Frequently Asked Questions.

Select the desired renewal cycle and press “Search”.

Press “Back” to return to the License menu.

View requirements for a different renewal period:

08/01/2010 to 07/31/2012 08/01/2012 to 07/31/2014

Requirements

Requirement

Start Date

End Date

Required

Completed*

ShortFall

Building Systems

08/01/2012

07/31/2014

HI - General

08/01/2012

07/31/2014

Hurricane Mitigation

08/01/2012

07/31/2014

Inspection Methods

08/01/2012

07/31/2014

Professional Practice

08/01/2012

07/31/2014

Reporting

08/01/2012

07/31/2014

Courses

Course Name

Provider

Course Date

Hours

Requirements

No Courses Found For The Selected Period.

The State of Florida is an AA/EEO employer. Copyright 2007-2010 State of Florida. Privacy Statement

Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact the office by phone or by traditional mail. If you have any questions, please contact 850.487.1395. *Pursuant to Section 455.275(1), Florida Statutes, effective October 1, 2012, licensees licensed under Chapter 455, F.S. must provide the Department with an email address if they have one. The emails provided may be used for official communication with the licensee. However email addresses are public record. If you do not wish to supply a personal address, please provide the Department with an email address which can be made available to the public. Please see our Chapter 455 page to determine if you are affected by this change.

Thanks Eric
Just dropped laptop off at IT shop and was told it most likely had a virus already and when I logged in to that site it activated it or energized it. Will get it back in 3 to 4 days. Thanks for checking that site, I was scared it would brake my other computer. Had to blame it on something and the goverement seemed to be a good one.

Glad to help.
When I first set up my website, the server got hacked and every time you would go to my site, some redirect would show up. It had something to do with the code used to write the websites that they provided. I redid my site in FrontPage and never had a problem again.

I would suggest you get a good virus protection program. I use Norton 360 and it is on 3 computers. Good luck.