Year

Originally Posted By: Joe DiGiacomo
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Should we not include the year on our message board replies. I actually saw one from August that interested me, but found out it was a year old. Unless I am missing something, I think this would be helpful as this info board grows.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Joe

the message board is such a great resourse for the newer inspectors that it is not unusual for a tread to be reopened a long time after it’s last post, and while some of us older hands may groan a little over it, it realy does not matter.

Regards

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Joe DiGiacomo

Gerry, I agree 100% with you, thats why I think it is important to include year in the posting date. Especially in the legislature area. I was wanting to respond to an item posted in August from last year, I thought it was just happening. It doesn’t seem like it would take much or use up much space, it’s there whether you care or not. I am a little surprised with the type of fact oriented business we are in that this has not come up before. Trivial? Maybe, but wait and see what you think about this 2 or 3 years from now.

Originally Posted By: mbailey

Joe,

I like the idea of adding a year qualifier to the posts. It would certainly be handy while performing searches of the message board for information.

It really does not matter when replies are posted - that is the nature of the board. A reopened post sometimes provides a wealth of new knowledge.

--
Mark Bailey
Stonegate Property Inspections LLC
Ponca, NE