Years as a Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: pdacey
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I’m in month #8 and have a grand total of $17,497.54 in expenses. Business has been weird the past few weeks. One week I’m so busy that I have to turn away work, then two weeks later I have two inspections for the week. Go figure.

Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: tallen

I have the same. 1 week 7 next week none next week 2 next week 6. So, I am going out and give out more coupons more info he** I might even give away some goody bags to open house realtors.

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: rray

pdacey wrote:
I'm in month #8 and have a grand total of $17,497.54 in expenses. Business has been weird the past few weeks. One week I'm so busy that I have to turn away work, then two weeks later I have two inspections for the week. Go figure.

Hey, Patrick.

I'll try to figure it for you. It sounds like during the non-busy week you are doing advertising and marketing. When that advertising and marketing pays off, and you get busy, you cease doing the advertising and marketing because you are so busy. Then the process starts again.

I do nothing but direct mail. In an oversimplification, I can send out 100 envelopes and get 5% return within 14 days. So if I send out 100 envelopes for six consecutive days, then I get a minimum of 30 inspections two weeks later. That's a very busy week, so I don't have time to do any mailing that week. Two weeks after that, I have no inspections.

Now you know what happened when I sent out 500 envelopes a day for my first three months in business, and why I was profitable after six months.

I now have mailing under control. Only when I have no inspections on any day (rare) do I send out 100 envelopes. If I have 3 inspections or more, I don't send out any envelopes that day. If I have 2 inspections, I send out 33 envelopes. If I have 1 inspection, I send out 66 envelopes.

The basic premise (explained in Guerrilla Marketing) is that you have to be consistent. But you have to adapt, and adapt quickly, in order to find that level of consistency that provides you with what you want.

![icon_twisted.gif](upload://xjO326gspdTNE5QS3UTl0a0Rtvy.gif)

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Russel ,

I usually hand deliver my info. I will try it your way (direct mailing) and see what happens. I tried your coupon advice and doubled my work. I will as always post the outcome.

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Sorry. I did not realize this was in a non-Members area. I have moved it to the Marketing thread in the Members Only area.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

I make a point of reading every thread .

I am happy with the way things are progressing. It seems people like my work and refer me to others. I understand it is a slow process. I get your point about delivering flyers etc. during business hours . As I said I will mail info to see what happens. As always I will post the results.

1 more vote to move all this info to Members only !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I will make myself a margarita it's been years ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Sorry. I did not realize that this was in a non-Members area. I have moved this post to the Marketing thread in the Members Only area.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.