Yo Gary

Come on Gary I have the same weather you have the very same weather and vally here last 20-25 years. You would know this if you would walk the roof:p

We have the same valley cut on our roofs as well. They last as long as the main roof so I don’t see the issue. Metal valleys are crap. Ice daming occurs in these all the time.

Gary I agree somewhat. You might be able to see a portion of it but no way all of the damage and how do you get pics like Charlie did from the ground? Also I wouldn’t of wrote up the valleys either unless something was obvious. In Oklahoma there really is no such thing as estimated life expectancy. The weather there can tear up anything in a moments notice. If I was inspecting there and someone asked me how long the roof might last I would tell them until the next big tornadoe or hail storm so make sure your insurance is current ;).

No problem with valleys here and conditions of severe winter can’t be much worse than here.
Composition valleys get replaced at the same time as the rest of the roof. :slight_smile:

Depends upon sun angle. Ice/snow can sit in these valleys and freeze/thaw over weeks, and loosen granules. Rain here can wash-out shingles in a hurry, especially if there is a large roof area causing heavy water run-off down the valleys into gutters; somewhat like a funnel. Depends also with the quality of shingles.

I have replaced alot of these deteriorated valleys back in the 70’s when I roofed homes.

No two home inspection reports can be alike. I really believe that now.

Nor two inspectors;-)