You are not

Suppose to do this…

ELECTRIC CURLS.JPG

Looks a lot like my TV, VCR, DVD, DVR, DirecTv, CD, AM-FM receiver hookup.

Here in MD, you could be fined for violating the 10 foot rule, just for taking that picture.:razz::razz::razz::razz:
They call it The Maryland High Voltage Act.

Anatol

Its a new Drip Loop…Called Bird’s Nest Loop…:slight_smile: Got Milk…?..Nope…And no clearance either…:slight_smile:

A professional Home Inspector wearing sneakers:shock::shock:

Shame on you Ben :stuck_out_tongue:

lol…and Todd…they look like they have Duct Tape holding them together…lol…we gotta get your more money per inspection Ben…thehehe

sneakers are the best thing to walk a roof in, easier on the shingles, used to go through about 6-8 pairs a year when I was roofing

I wear a light weight hiking shoe/boot

I was just picking on him.:stuck_out_tongue:

That is in no way considered high voltage, anywhere.

High voltage is 90v + anywere anyhow.

The home inspector shall untangle this.

That pants leg will also turn to leg here in a couple of months also! :wink:

That must be the “drip loop de loop”
BTW
Anything under 600v is “low voltage”.
“High voltage” is up in the 5 digits and above to a utility guy. (stuff that has a corona hazard)
Most of what you see in primaries to your pole pigs is medium voltage.

Respectfully, You know not of what you speak.

I’m sure there are some technical language that defines these things, but I tell my Clients that high voltage is that outlet that your rugrat brat just stuck a paper clip into and that low voltage are those nasty plastic Malibu lights.

Well, I don’t use quite the language that I used there.

You can get some support for calling anything below 30v “low voltage” but “high voltage” is still considered the stuff that will arc over.
Your utility guy will still be calling 480v “low voltage”.
I like the Brit term “mains” voltage or the computer biz term “line voltage” for what the utility sends you.
Bear in mind, you can still have a fire/burn hazard with low voltage (<30).
If this is not also a current limited source you can still get significant heating with a fault. The worst electrical injury and the one that made me stop wearing metal, happened in a CPU on the THREE volt bus. A guy welded his wedding ring between two terminals and almost lost the finger. The O/C device probably tripped in about 500 ms but it was long enough to heat the ring red hot.
Those tacky Malibu transformers can still create enough heat to start a fire

My preference too … :wink:

In any event, I don’t think a home inspector should be that close to a utility service drop where you could end up on the wires with one slip … not good (same thing for staying clear of wires with your ladder and roof edges if they are walked).

JMO & 2-nickels … :wink:

I like “line voltage”, too. Unfortunately, all the utility company sends me are utility bills :(, and them will drive ya ta drinking, yes they will :cool:, which, of course, ain’t necessarily a bad thing, if ya know what I mean. :smiley:

As an inspector, and licensed electrician, I find it necessary to get that close to see the boot, as well as where the conductors turn into the weatherhead to see if there are cracks. That is just me though.

You could slip anywhere on the roof.
You could drop the corner of the panel cover into the hot wires,
You could hit a water line and bust it under the house.
You coul damage a line opening the air conditioner.
You could fall through the attic into house.
Etc, etc, etc,

Proper training and safety is the key. If the inspector doesn’t inspect who will? Someone with training? Training that we are suppose to have.

Thats just my thoughts, your may vary. No disrespect meant.