. . .you did HOW MANY INSPECTIONS?

Our chapter is very odd, especially for Colorado (a very Western style state where people are very independent and generally keep to themselves). We all help each other and work for each other. It is not uncommon for one member to be on an inspection, need help, call up a few other members to see if they are nearby, and get that help.

Hey Joe;

REO’s are a good thing. Leave your advertising materials at everyone of them you can find. When I inspect an REO, I leave brochures, business cards and even sample reports on location. Ton’s of traffic through these properties. I’ve done several inspections in your area this year, I always take the time to walk the street and leave marketing materials. I also stop by any real estate offices in the area on my way to and from the subject area. It’s all about the numbers and canvasing…

Good luck!

Hi Eric!

Welcome to NACHI! You will see that some inspectors say that “This is a slow time for them” and others say… they are booked solid.

• This has a lot do with with ***YOUR ***marketing skills and with YOUR phone presentation.
  • The same goes for “Flipping Houses”.

This came up at our last State Chapter meeting and after a little research I came up with the links to the videos that I have studied for years and years.

Maybe the following NACHI newsletter will help. :razz:

[FONT=Times New Roman]NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE CHAPTER[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]LIVE FREE OR DIE[/FONT]

State Chapter of

[FONT=Algerian]The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors [/FONT]

NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE CHAPTER NEWSLETTER

PUBLISHER DATE: Frank Carrio September 25, 2008

Hi To All!
You say that you are tired of “Low Ballers”? You say that you are tired of losing the sale / inspection to other “Less Qualified” inspectors?

Have you ever wondered why a prospective client did not book his / her inspection with you and continued to “Shop” around after they talked to you?

SIMPLE…… YOU failed to close the sale!

One of the things that we forget is that we are not only Professional Inspectors but…… Professional Businessmen.
Part of being a Professional Businessman is being able to “Close the Sale”!

What Sale you ask?
YOU are selling yourself, and YOUR Professional services.

It does not matter how good you are as an inspector IF you cannot SELL your yourself as a Professional, and your services as the most Professional in your area!

I STRONGLY encourage each and every one of you to take the time and trouble to take some BASIC courses in selling.
I have listed some of the best and time tested / proven sales techniques as presented by some of the most widely acclaimed MASTERS in selling techniques.

I recommend that you check out these websites on “Closing the Sale”

Brian Tracey
http://www.24techniquesforclosingthesale.com/

Zig Ziglar
http://www.yoursuccessstore.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=34

One of my favorites!
J. Douglas Edwards
http://www.achievementlibrary.com/backtothefuturecd.htm

Don’t let this advice go in one ear and out of the other…. I-N-V-E-S-T in YOUR future, invest in YOUR business…… Buy some of these CD’s and LEARN how to “Close the Sale”.

After you do …… you will be absolutely stunned as to how bad of a “Salesmen” you were before you were educated in these techniques!

Good Luck to all of you!

Sincerely, Frank Carrio CMI.
Certified Master Inspector & Consultant
Certified Commercial Building Inspector
Founder & President, New Hampshire State Chapter
The National Association of Certified Home Inspectors {NACHI}

Chris McDonald, CMI
Vice President, New Hampshire State Chapter, NACHI
McDonald Home Inspection Services, LLC
Jaffrey, NH