Zinsco

I sure don"t!!

Stock footage from my report…

DRYER VENT

Dryer exhaust ducts shall be independent of all other systems, shall convey the moisture to the outdoors, shall terminate on the outside of the building in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions and shall be equipped with a back-draft damper.
Exhaust ducts shall be constructed of rigid metal ducts, having smooth interior surfaces with joints running in the direction of air flow. Screens shall not be installed at the duct termination. Exhaust ducts shall not be connected with sheet-metal screws or any means which extend into the duct. (Screens and screws can trap lint.)

**Exhaust duct terminations shall be in accordance with the dryer manufacturer’s instructions. **

www.appliance411.com/faq/dryer-vent-length.shtml

http://fixitnow.com/appliantology/dryervent.htm

…then I tell 'em what I found.

http://www.inspect-ny.com/electric/Zinsco.htm

No problem with multiple grounds under one terminal or grounding and grounded conductors under same terminal? Where’s the bonding device?

Ken,

You are getting this confused again…their is a difference between the Grounded and Grounding Conductors…the Grounded Conductor ( neutral ) is not supposed to share a termination with any other conductor…

bus bar, I meant bus bar.

…just keepin an eye on ya fella…oh and since I can’t use " LOL" anymore for fear of offending anyone…I will just say I was teasing ya fella…

Offend?

What is LOL anyway, I thought it was related to a smile/chuckle?..no?

Maybe its like sticking the middle finger up for all I know?

What it is Paul…](*,)

well I have always used it in my posts to convey I was laughing and enjoying the banter…but it appears my use of it distracts from the learning content of my posts…so in order to not offend anyone I should not use it…

LOL = Laughing Out Loud

What are you getting harassing phone calls over a lol or something?

For crying out loud if that doesn’t take the cake…](*,)

Someone told me they don’t like the way I write, I’d make it much worse intentionally…:profile:

well lets just say I dont like to make waves…

My mom saiys it means 'lots of love".

Speaking of dryer vents… I have always wondered “why on Earth” code officials allow for “vertical dryer” vents…

All it takes is for someone who doesn’t like to change out their lint trap, and fires can easily be started… I have actually inspected some homes that have had problems and clogging with vertical vents.

Doesn’t make sense…

And since the “original” topic was ZINSCO… Any panel I come across that says ZINSCO or FEDERAL PACIFIC, I write them up!!! Let the Electricians sort it out…

I am not “risking” a house fire over these… maybe they should be put to the test on the show, mythbusters.