130 degree water temperature

Why are people resurrecting these ancient threads?

Great thread. Most water temps around here at kitchen sink are around 130-140 on average. I was told once that a temperature between 118-160 was acceptable to promote life span and reduce scalding. Might have to evaluate how I report water heater temperature.

Much to do over a dial adjustment.
I keep mine at 150 and like it that way.

Play with your thermometer report with your canned temp warning chart and move on.

(it is an adjustment / not a defect)

Since I used to bob for french fries with my fingers I use my hand to test the temperature. I do have test equipment to get the exact but why would I do that. If I can’t keep my hand in the hot water for a minute it is flagged as too hot.
I should also mention that without a mixer 130 F is the average you will get and if you can keep your fingers for 1 minute under this you are better than me at the pain threshhold.

Kevin, did you previously work at McDonalds??:):twisted:

No Assistant manager KFC. That was when I was 20. I left because they were dealing drugs out the back door and the Supervisor was the owners son.
What is with the evil emoticon?

You say you have test equipment, can you post a picture for us. ?/:slight_smile:

I am just curious as to what you use other than my simple ole turkey thermometer.:slight_smile:

I don’t post pictures of equipment but I can tell where to get one.
www.professionalequipment.com

Please explain Kevin!

Without a mixing valve, the water temperature could be as hot as the furnace setting if it is a tankless water heater, and that temp. could be as high as 180 degrees.

With a mixing valve it will be at whatever setting the plumber set it at.

You were talking about testing equipment for frying oil, and water temperatures, what does moisture meters have to do with that?

I think sometimes you Americans just like to create problems. You well know Marcel I am not talking about Frying Oil or Moisture meters.
K type sensor.

Excuse me!!!

Is my French impairing my reading abilities???

No as usual you can’t understand! Must be because you never did feel the temperature of water at 130 F. If you have not tried it do so Marcel and tell me how long you can keep your fingers under the running water.
I don’t wish to explain either so don’t carry on until you do.

Oh, we are talking about water. Are we? And not Moisture Meters?
Good, so where is that equipment you say you use to test hot water. :slight_smile:

Under temperature sensors and I also use my 3M. You don’t need expensive equipment to measure for temperature of water. However I would not use one that can test Meat.
About 300 dollars will get one that you can use.
I hardly ever use it unless I am testing more critical areas for Health in Commercial.

I am completely overwhelmed with your testing equipment for water.
Thanks.

You should understand Marcel!
3M is IR temperature sensor.
The other is multi purpose and not as accurate with a type K probe.

New regulations regarding water heaters / temperature in Quebec are attached (en français seulement).

120 degrees F maximum allowed at bathtubs/showers, less if a day care or old age home; reason being to prevent scalding.

140 degrees F minimum at WH, fixtures (except bathtubs/showers) to prevent harmfull bacterias in WH and supply lines to fixtures.

Pending age and condition, the water heater should have a sticker on it in which case you can take a photo and place in the report. Show your client how to change the water temperature, tell your client the implications, especially for small children and elderly.

http://antiscald.com/prevention/general_info/table.php

Chart here