Originally Posted By: Tim Kerfin
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
In order to avoid annoying any fellow NACHI members I have decided to post the following information. Please consider coming!
You are invited to attend the first annual Great Lakes National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) meeting. New and veteran home inspectors, as well as members of all other associations, are all welcome. You need not be a member of NACHI. Anyone interested in home inspections can attend. Dress casual if you like, as our meetings are informal and fun, the way they should be. Come hungry!
This first meeting will be very exciting and interesting! We will be discussing how to market your home inspection business and also any legal obligations you have. We will have guest speakers from their area of expertise. Also, the President of NACHI will be in and will be addressing us. There will be time set aside for questions as well.
Don't miss your chance to meet people from our business!
Who: All home inspectors and spouses
Where: Holiday Inn Willowbrook
7800 Kingery Highway
Willowbrook, Illinois 60521
For overnight room reservations: (630) 325-6400. Ask for the NACHI group rate.
Cost: $30 pp (cash bar) payable at the door
Date: Saturday, May 22, 2004
Time: 6 p.m.
Dues: There are currently no dues required to join this Great Lakes NACHI Chapter. You need not be a member to attend meeting.
Please RSVP by Friday, May 14th.
We would like to have a count of who is coming for dinner.
RSVP with email@example.com or GreatLakesNACHI@aol.com if you plan to attend.
Nick Gromicko, REALTOR, ad agency owner & Executive Director of NACHI will discuss:
- Marketing your home inspection service to real estate agents.
- Raising your prices when your competition charges less.
- Converting every call into a scheduled inspection.
Danny Garrido, Brinks Home Security will discuss:
- Increasing your profits by offering security evaluations.
Elliot Wall, Elliot & Associates will discuss:
- Radon gas inspections.
Ed Bosco, NACHI Crawl Space Advisory Board Chair will discuss:
- Crawl spaces for Inspectors:
- Foundation cracks.
- Water seepage.
- Rodents and termites.
- Mold and rot.
- Drainage systems and sump pumps.
- Insulation and ventilation.
Lots of free stuff:
- Homegauge: Demo software, pens & flashlights.
- EyeCandy reporting: 2 free copies of their system.
- Down to Earth Sites: 1 free inspector website.
- Toolexperts: Catalogues, tools, and door prizes.
- Professional Equipment: Catalogues and gift certificates and a prize.
- Ideal Industries Suretest electrical testers.
- ITA Inspection books by ITA.
- The Taunton Press Code Check books.
- Dan Jones Home Inspection Success book and DVD.
- Indoor Environmental Business Newsletter.
- Brinks Home Security: Free safes.
This Chapter and meeting were put together by:
Kerfin Inspections, Inc.
Free marketing help: After the meeting Nick Gromicko will stay and help any inspector one-on-one, so bring your flyers/brochures for us to work on. Nick will also be available the next morning during breakfast. If you can't make the meeting you should visit http://www.nachi.org/success_tips.htm for some free money making home inspection tips.
National Association of Certified Home Inspectors
PS: Attendance counts as 1 hour toward NACHI member continuing education requirements. You need not be a member to attend. All welcome.
Hope to see you there!