2013 - Do Not Call Violations Top Consumer Complaints

I agree somewhat but there is a collective wisdom here and my dad always said that “in every opinion there is some truths. Find those and the collection will grow to allow one to walk a straight path”
Smart guy my Pop… Debate is healthy when it can result in collective facts. I am growing my business much faster than expected and it’s more important for me to avoid the bumps now so that later they don’t become hills.
Seems to me there is a definitive answer to this and my quest is to find it… Never liked the gray of life as it is to close to the cliff for me.
I am annoyed by the banter but the subject is well worth all inspectors to explore.
In the end it would be nice to define the issues, have them challenged by the system then leave with a clear answer. It is doable and most won’t take the time. Guess this is where my hard head comes into play.
I will remove the gray one way or another. Then hopefully it will be of help to others and allow us all to keep the profession growing in both importance and value.
After two weeks of crawling and climbing around in the snow and rain, I know my plan is to get paid for the true value of what I do some day. Would think that would be the goal of every professional.
I appreciate your candor and perspective , maybe the new legal counsel here at NACHI will be willing to take this in for the organization as a whole… If not then it would seem the gray is to scary for them as well

Frankly, I would not trust NACHI input on the legitimacy or quality of any of its vendors.

Nick is on the record. All a vendor has to do to win his endorsement is to provide NACHI members a better price than they provide anyone else. In that respect, it is important to note that one former NACHI vendor is in prison, two have been expelled for ethics violations and a couple others are on the run from unhappy members who used them.

Once Nick starts giving anyone assurances regarding these vendors … he’s on the hook with them. Nick is too smart for that.

Frankly, I would not trust NACHI input on the legitimacy or quality of any of its vendors.

Nick is on the record. All a vendor has to do to win his endorsement is to provide NACHI members a better price than they provide anyone else. In that respect, it is important to note that one former NACHI vendor is in federal prison for criminal fraud against home inspectors, two have been expelled for ethics violations and a couple others are on the run from unhappy members who used them.

Once Nick starts giving anyone assurances regarding these vendors … he’s on the hook with them. Nick is too smart for that.

He provides this message board as the means to publicly dissect every offer being made … as well as the vendor making it. Many have withstood the test … while the less honest one’s are threatening frivolous lawsuits against their critics, spewing libelous remarks about members who reject them and threatening member’s wives and families. It goes with the territory.

Caveat emptor.

The author of the preceding post was found guilty of multiple ethics violations.

Caveat Emptor

From another “Public” thread…

Hopefully we can return to the discussion on the important issue to the public of privacy without the rantings of self motivated data merchants.

False statement

False statement

False statement

False statement

False statement.

Tax issue for whom?

Joe … it is obvious that Thornberry is here to derail this thread and have it removed from public view as he has the others. He gets a bit excited when ASHI members contribute to the conversation in the public realm. He needs us to respond to him in order to do that.

In that regard, please consider starting a new thread with your questions to him about his lies and misrepresentations. We don’t want to allow him to derail this thread as he has others. This is a discussion that belongs accessible to the public.

Nick is on the record. All a vendor has to do to win his endorsement is to provide NACHI members a better price than they provide anyone else. In that respect, it is important to note that one former NACHI vendor is in federal prison for criminal fraud against home inspectors, two have been expelled for ethics violations and a couple others are on the run from unhappy members who used them.

He provides this message board as the means to publicly dissect every offer being made … as well as the vendor making it. Many have withstood the test … while the less honest one’s are threatening frivolous lawsuits against their critics, spewing libelous remarks about members who reject them and threatening member’s wives and families. It goes with the territory.

Caveat emptor.

To James Bushart’s comments… regarding one of the functions of this message board is to permit the vetting of vendors by members.

I took no exception to a recent thread whereby a service I offfer was questioned. I responded as a vendor in this instance, not a member. Wen a vendor’s product or service is questioned, there becomes a clear distinction between being member at that point, or a vendor.

This is a sound position. It is also one of the key benefits of this open forum. If members cannot validate a vendor’s offering, who will?

Will someone please locate Nick’s commentary regarding vetting vendors and re-post it here?

Vendors have no inherent rights, as they do not compensate the organization for access to this forum. All are fully aware of this. As with any Beware of Dog sign, one enters at one’s own risk.

Thank you

Here’s a recent one.

Consider these two posts from Chris and from Nick.

To keep Thornberry from hijacking these threads and having them trashed and removed from public view … which is his obvious intent … I would suggest the following for future vetting efforts:

(1) Copy the Thornberry lie or misrepresentation.

(2) Paste it into a new thread in the public domain started for that particular remark … posing your specific remarks or questions concerning these lies or misrepresentations … for him to address in THAT thread instead of the thread he is attempting to hijack. Title the thread something on the order of “Thornberry Nonsense, Version 293” or something similar.

(3) Refuse to address him in the thread(s) he is attempting to hijack.

http://www.thedialectics.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Farting.jpg

I would normally respond to P. Nathan Thornberry’s rants, but he has become tedious.

Best thing to do when faced with bad noise is to simply, and completely, ignore it.

Here is something to add to your collective wisdom, George, in a forum that has been officially designated for use in the open discussion of NACHI vendors and their products, good or bad.

You are questioning whether or not a home inspector participating in the alarm leads program … where an inspector sells private information about his clients to Thornberry … is actually being compensated.

In an email spam campaign, where unwanted and unsolicited advertisements from Thornberry are being sent to home inspectors who want nothing to do with him or his products, he is promoting this privacy exploitation program. In the email that was forwarded to me, his solicitation appears to have been sent to a home inspector in a state where home inspectors have reported that participation in such programs violate their state laws.

Interestingly, his spam is also promoting a free service where your client will provide him with their name, address and phone number directly … and then, after he receives that information, he will attempt to book an appointment for you with them. He doesn’t say what he does with the information that he receives before you do, but I think I can make a good guess.

Included in this spam is the following quote:

Is being paid in “CASH (or services)” compensation? Is it taxable? Does the spam “guarantee” that it is only the client who benefits?

Here is something to add to your collective wisdom, George, in a forum that has been officially designated for use in the open discussion of NACHI vendors and their products, good or bad.

You are questioning whether or not a home inspector participating in the alarm leads program … where an inspector sells private information about his clients to Thornberry … is actually being compensated.

In an email spam campaign, where unwanted and unsolicited advertisements from Thornberry are being sent to home inspectors who want nothing to do with him or his products, he is promoting this privacy exploitation program and “Do Not Call” list waivers. In the email that was forwarded to me, his solicitation appears to have been sent to a home inspector in a state where home inspectors have reported that participation in such programs could violate their state laws.

Interestingly, his spam is also promoting a free service where your client will provide him with their name, address and phone number directly … and then, after he receives that information, he will attempt to book an appointment for you with them. I wonder how many people would be providing this personal contact information if they knew they were giving it to a lead broker. Anyway, I digress.

Included in this spam is the following quote:

Is being paid in “CASH (or services)” compensation? Is it taxable? Does the private information exchanged for the compensation have “value” and could it be tax deductible, in that case? Does the spam “guarantee” that it is only the client who benefits?

Lots of questions here for inspectors to ask their lawyer and CPA, IMO.

(Yawn) :roll: