$300 discount for staples on Wind Mit

Here we go again…don’t you already have several other threads for this crap?

I was just responding to the asinine statements here.

I never start the crap I just point it out.

Mike,
Way back when I did WDO inspections, it had to be done on a State form. There were 6 or 7 simple questions. Basically, who, what and where.
Who being the organism, what being the type of damage, and where, where was the damage.

Now, did I go to the State and tell them I didn’t like the form, or any other nonsense? No, because it was the job, gathering information.

The wind mits and 4-points are the same thing. Just do the job and get over it. You can do it in a minimal fashion, or, do it in a manner where you do not have to waste time explaining things to anyone. It is already there laid out for them.

As to my son, the only time he will work for minimum wage is to get an understanding that things must be earned. I suspect by the time he is legally allowed to drink, he will have forgotten what minimum wage is or means.

Perhaps subprofessionals do not want to label pictures.
It’s OK if the client doesn’t understand, not your problem! :roll:

It costs extra to label pictures Marc! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Paid up front of course…:wink:

Pretty friggen sad if you ask me to have forgotten what it is like to have started at the bottom.

As a child I worked many min wage jobs before becoming successful and I always remembered the hard working folks that did it then and have to live on that now.

Dude you have officially gotten on my idiot brown-nosing sheep list. Congrats. :smiley:

I personally explain each and every report to my clients face to face. If the idiots at the insurance companies do not know what they are looking at that is their problem they can email me and look stupid and ask. I always take the time to explain it to those fools as well.

That explains a lot!

I have never worked at a minimum wage job in my life. I have always named my price even when I worked for others.

Way, way, way, way, back before I was a teenager, I mowed lawns. I charged more than others in the neighborhood and got the jobs. Know why? I did a little bit more than the others. People will pay for quality…and the ones who don’t, you really don’t want them as clients in the first place…well, I don’t.

Do you even read what you write? :roll:

If you put it in the report, you wouldn’t have to explain anything to anyone and trust me, it takes far less time to write something once than to explain it three times!!!:cool:

I have long sense given up on showing you the light. I disagree with you on just about everything there is to disagree about.

I only feel sorry for the lessons you are teaching young folks.

Which light would that be? The one to the unemployment line?:mrgreen:

Good night Mike…perhaps tomorrow will be a better day…maybe you will win the lottery!:roll:

:mrgreen:

826.JPG

Maybe and if I do I promise you nerds will NEVER hear from me again.

I would love to have the mental stench out of my head.

It would be just like before I started inspecting. Inspectors NEVER crossed my mind. That only happened when I started trying to help them make money on services they could not provide.

Boy what a Di-k I was to try to help so many ungrateful pieces of crap…

…“You all seriously will not have to worry about me any longer because i will keep my opinions to myself and definitely will not share anything personal with you folks any longer…”

…" My personal biz is out of here and I will not get involved in others either. It is not worth it. So basically see ya…"
…“as far as this message board is concerned i’m done. i’ll read and learn but my days of contributing after tonight are over…”**

2/20/13, 8:59 PM

[size=2]Stay true to your word
[/size]

Woohoooo

Follow up.

I received another request for photos showing that the roof deck attachment met the requirements for “A”. I called the agent and asked why they needed photos when it was not going to give the client a discount. The agent agreed and sent an email to the underwriter asking him for more information.

The underwriter’s answer was that the wind mit form says that “At least one photograph must accompany this form to validate each attribute marked in questions 3 though 7.” He went on to say that it was required by statute.

I did send the agent an email asking why the underwriter did not request a photo proving that the home did not have SWR or proving that the home did not have opening protection on every opening.

Maybe that is next.

You do not have to prove what a home DOES NOT HAVE.
Am I understanding what you said or am I crazy?

You only have to prove or show a photo that would HELP a client.

This is not true. Listen to what the underwriter said in Robert’s post because he is right. The photo of a staple or toe-nailed rafter is actually required and verifies what you select on the 1802. I really don’t know why you continually resist all of this.

And that is why Mike, all of my wind mit reports include a roof to wall connection picture…actually, 2 pictures.

Hopefully, you will not waste yours or anyone elses time in replying.
I also add pictures of the roof deck nailing, regardless of what it is, and the opening protection…or lack of it.

This is one of the reasons I am going to send my wind mit form, when the new form is released, directly to the OIR. I will also release it here and have it on my website for download.

Since it will be free, it may put an end to these half-*** reports that are being submitted.
Especially ones, that I have to walk other peoples clients through to fix. :wink: