31% of all residential sales are due to foreclosures.

Nick, you are living on Planet “Broke” :slight_smile:

Many agents sales have dried up tremendously in comparison to previous years…

Most of the agents I know are honest and do a good job.

That being said, the one’s I’ll never meet :mrgreen: have a different agenda in today’s market.

Imagine you haven’t closed a listing in some time. Your clients are looking to purchase a “Fixer”. If the information from an inspection were presented to them in a fashion that indicated the depth of repairs, they may realize that they fall very short on their budget to purchase their “fixer”.

Knowing that… it may be easier to say “You may be wasting your money on inspections… the banks aren’t going to fix anything anyway”. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I hear this VERY often …

“Mr Bowers, My agent told me that (choice #a) the lender says since they’ve dropped the price $10k already they won’t pay to get utilities on, AND my agent says since its being sold AS IS … I’m wasting your money on inspections… the banks aren’t going to fix anything anyway”. So I need to CANCEL the INSPECTION.

OR (choice #b)

"“Mr Bowers, the lender turned the utilities on BUT there was a water / gas leak / missing elwctrical lines / etc AND MY agent told me that the lender says since they’ve dropped the price $15k already AND since its being sold AS IS … the lender won’t pay to get repairs made. They said I can pay BUT the lender won’t”, SO my BUDDY the agent says I’m wasting your money on inspections… So I need to CANCEL the INSPECTION.

OR, you they don’t tell you squat - they just CANCEL, or THEIR buddy talks them out of scheduling to start with to SAVE $$$$ …

And what is your reply to them saying that?

I don’t have any cancellations related to what a Realtor said to their clients, but I have had Numerous Clients tell me the exact things Dan mentioned when we’re talking during the inspection, and at times on the phone when their scheduling.

My reply is whether or not you have any leeway with the Bank, you do have the opportunity to cancel the contract if I find something major wrong with the house, which is the most important reason your hiring me in the first place.

For less than $500.00 on average you’re going to know what is wrong with the house that you are not seeing and I plan on showing you. I don’t get my jollies finding major systems or components needing a lot of money to repair or replace, but it is a strong possibility.

You don’t have any disclosure statements, it’s like spending a couple hundred thousand sight unseen if you don’t know what I’m going to show you.

If your a high stakes gambler, don’t have an inspection, but if your not, you surely better know what your getting yourself into.

When did you want to schedule the inspection?

Works here anyway.