980 Questions/Answers to the NHIE....Free!

Jeff, you are denying the reality that your test is for sale on the internet.

Show me a dog who can operate a mouse, boot up a computer, read and properly respond to an on-line test…and I will gladly allow that dog to inspect my house.

He is obviously smarter than you in that your condemnation of an online test is based strictly upon what some testers can do without having any idea as to what they actually do.

By the way, I have closely read every state law regarding home inspectors and have yet to find one that prohibits dogs. In fact, the majority of these areas have been licensing dogs long before home inspectors…with a much better result.

Nationally Recognized as the ASHI Exam. Always was…Always will be.

Define “psychmetrically valid”…

:slight_smile:

That’s “psycometrically”, with emphasis on the “psycho” :mrgreen:

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/COMPAQ%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg

With this, they attached 52 pages consisting of a copy of this thread…which NACHI owns the copyright on and did not give them permission to publish for their business use.

The EBPHI has always suggested that their test is secure and beyond reproach.

By sending you such correspondence, are they suggesting that the 980 Questions offered For Sale on EBAY are actually related to their exam?

Hmmmm…

Apparently so. This is a surprising admission.

What if I had made the whole thing up to see if they would publish this admission?

What if there were no 980 questions at all? Just this letter from them?

Wouldn’t that be interesting?

Not to slam or disagree with your initial premise, Jim.

You posted their “copyrighted” material on the NACHI board (which is itself, copyrighted) so their claim has some merit and supercedes any NACHI copyright (per my lawyer, whos is based in Chicago and knows this firm).

I would not take their letter lightly. You did do what they claimed you did.

If I were you, I would consult a lawyer.

They may not prevail, in court, but they could cost you (and NACHI) some pretty hefty legal fees.

Again, not trying to slam you. Just trying to help.

Will, please give me the post number that contains copyrighted material.

Too Funny… :smiley:

You see, Will…

I could just as easily say that I have on my desk a jar of teeth belonging to a certain lawyer who works on Wacker Drive in Chicago…and that these teeth came into my posession when an ambulance slammed on its brakes and I happened to be standing nearby when the lawyer slammed into the rear of it. I could then offer to send a single tooth to anyone who would like to have one.

People can post lots of things.

For instance, the testing material that I have does not actually say “NHIE” on it. It says “Questions and Answers from the ASHI NAHI Test”. Perhaps ASHI and NAHI are using a different test these days, and I simply made an honest mistake in interpreting that as such.

I wonder if they are still monitoring this thread.

I am carefully considering all of my options but I can assure you that hiring a lawyer is not one of them.

Will,

Seems that EBPHI’s beef would/should be with who SOLD the exam, not te fact that Jim purchased it. Come to think of it, he didnt actually purchase these questions, as he purchased ANOTHER set of questions, and these came for free. Kind of like free french fries with the burger.

I also dont recollect seeing any copywritten material in Jim’s post, nor did I see an offer to distribute these questions to anyone other than a State representative, involved with licensing, who may be interested in seeing that the test was comprimised.

I dont recall any cases where someone was convicted of making a claim. I dont recall any cases where copyright infringement was proven until said infringement actually took place and proof was presented.

Tell them to go fish in another pond, or chase those who purport to sell these questions on the Internet.

Fish are biting the hook without any bait…

-X

Too Funny!!! Took me a little while to stop laughing at that one.

Better be careful. They threatened to sue me just for having their logo on my web site. On the grounds that it was misrepresenting that they certified me. Even though I have one of their famous “certificates” thats says “I have demonstrated competence in knowledge, understanding and application of home inspection practice by by successfully completing the NHIE” So apparently it doesn’t mean very much. :bandit:

Jeff,
It is apparent you have not taken the on-line NACHI test.

If you had You would know That you can take it 100, or 200 times And each and every time it is a DIFFERENT test!

Your :|.) asinine statement about children and dogs:|.) taking and passing the NACHI test have destroyed your credibility!

Take your lies and innuendo somewhere else!

I received the same “I am going to sue you letter”.

Their contention is that my website stated I was certified by the examination board of professional home inspectors as having passed the NHIE and that the NHIE Does not certify anyone!

• Look on your “scoresheet”!
    Mine state’s "this scoresheet certifies that you have passed the National Home Inspection Examination."

Talk about duplicity and speaking out of both sides of their mouth!

“This scoresheet ***certifies ***that you have pass the National Home Inspection Examination” is very clear and to the point!

I think that we should consider filing a class action lawsuit against these people!

Chris,

You can Pay for the Exam but you can not advertise that you passed the Exam.

That Right is reserved for ASHI Members whose Organization requires passage of the EXAM to advertise their Full Member status.

I agree, passing their test **certified **me to get an Il. State license. And they are proud to send you a “Certificate of Achievement”.
With my website, I just had their logo with a link to their site, It didn’t say certify anything. Like my web master said, who lives in the same area they’re located, it was their loss because it helped promote their site. :twisted:

What’s up with that? hell I’m even in their home state.

Wait until you all hear what I heard about another “certifying” organization today…

This one deals with radon training and testing.

Seems that feel that you cant call yourself a RMT or RMS without joining their group.

Funny, because they don not OWN those titles, and many states “certify” individuals once that person shows proof of having taken an approved training course and passing the exam from this same org. No mention of joining it, though. I thought that once you take their training and pass their competency exam, you are what they asked you to pay to trained and tested in.

As money gets tighter in the HI world, this sort of stuff will crop up.