A bit of advice

Dear Mike:

If you are interested in learning how to successfully market infrared inspection services, I would invite you to check out Infraspection Institute’s online short course, Starting, Marketing, and Managing an Infrared Consulting Company.

This narrated 40 minute presentation is intended for anyone wishing to start an infrared consulting business or to expand the service offerings of an established business. It is designed for both beginners and experienced thermographers.

Only your efforts will determine if you will win more home inspections as a result of thermal imaging. However, the opportunities for a qualified thermographer who performs commercial inspections are significant.

Since I remain a principal in the infrared inspection firm I co-founded in 1984, I can assure you that the $200,000 figure for annual revenue that I previously provided is a conservative figure. Our consulting firm employs seven thermographers with nearly all performing up to five inspections per week.

For home inspectors who expand into the commercial arena, the good news is this:

• Commercial IR inspections command a daily rate of up to $1200 per day
  • IR inspections of commercial facilites are usually multi-day projects
  • Most types of commercial inspections repeat annually
  • Repeat inspections build a dependable revenue stream and equity in your business
  • Sales of commercial inspections are far more profitable than IR inspections of single-family homes

As an experienced home inspector, you already have two distinct advantages over others. First and foremost, you already have an established business and a client list. Secondly, you understand buildings, building subsystems, and how they interact with each other.

These skill sets, combined with appropriate training and experience, can help you take your business to entirely new places. I admire your cautious approach and would advise you to remain so especially with your training.

Establishing your credentials and maximizing your revenue stream will require an investment in proper training. While Infraspection Institute training is not the cheapest, we provide comprehensive training that will allow you to begin working immediately. All courses are taught by experienced, successful thermographers whose goal is to help you succeed both during and after a class.

Feel free to give me a call if you require further information or if I can be of further help.

Jim Seffrin

Infraspection Institute
425 Ellis Street
Burlington, NJ 08016

609-239-4788

Infraspection Institute
SuccessIRies.com
IRINFO.ORG

Pay attention here…

Check out all of your options at (you will do us both a favor):

http://www.thermalimagingscan.com/Infrared-Thermographer-Training.htm

I’m not sure that link goes to a functioning page…