A little on the Commercial side of things.

That usually works well Peter and sometimes for larger radius, one could use a twisted pair of 22 gauge wire and a pencil.

The picture below, however needed methods a little harder for a proper layout consisting of three different radius and slope as well.

Marcel:) :slight_smile:

Marcel, I would hate to be the one that puts the sill plate on that wall!!!

Very nice picture, do you have any of the finished product?

Peter;
The sill plate was easy, but the overhang was a killer. ha. ha.

Marcel :slight_smile:

Start of phase 2 on the same building, this time a book store for Colby College.
I will try to send updates on the progress.

Digging out the elevator pit and exploring any underpinning requirements for the existing wall.

Forming exterior wall footings.

Checking layout with electronic all station.

Excavation, layout and forming footings.

</IMG>

A few more pictures for update.
Footings have been formed and reinforcement is now being added.
Footings are 12" to 18" thick and up to 4’ wide with pier footings a little bigger like 6’x6’.
Two matts of steel in most areas. Dowels have been distributed and ready for installation.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12798&thumb=1&d=1183594224

http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12799&thumb=1&d=1183594385

Marcel

A few more pictures for update.
Footings have been formed and reinforcement is now being added.
Footings are 12" to 18" thick and up to 4’ wide with pier footings a little bigger like 6’x6’.
Two matts of steel in most areas. Dowels have been distributed and ready for installation.

Marcel

Back at the Ranch on the other side of the Project, standing seam copper roof panels are being curved by a little robot bender stretcher.

The copper panels had to fit around a 60’ Barrel roof sliced like a cone.
Amazing little machine.

Book Store update;
Well, I got the sequence backwards, but I sure that you all can figure it out.

Pour completed in the rain and adding last intermittent dowels.

Start the pump.

Concrete pump has arrived and ready for concrete.

Re-bar is complete and ready to pour.

damn, you guys are a little to deep for me here. it’s like trying to teach me algebra.

have fun:D

mic

Justo;
We are all here to help and anything I can provide to help you with, I am here.
Just happy to see that some are looking at a Project that is ongoing and hope it sparks some questions from a few and we all learn in the process.

I have a lot more photos, but did not know if anyone was interested in seeing them, so I have been cautious as to how many I post.

Thanks

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

thanks, by all means post away.

actually quite interesting and fun.

it’s almost like seeing a HUGE Mr. Rogers show

mic

Progress update for the one’s interested;

Floor finishes going down. 8000 sq. ft of 6"x6" quarry tile on a running bond.

Anti-fracture membrane installed over the 12’x12’ slab control/expansion joints and a 24’ x 24’ control joint pattern on the tile.

Painting completed and up lighting installed.

Spiral staircase to second floor. Stairs will have granite treads and risers with a thermal finish slated to be installed next week.

The rush for completion is on.
Standing seam copper being installed on the barrel roof.

Marcel:)

Meanwhile on the other side of the project of phase two;

Well, footings have been stripped and cleaned ready for wall layout for the formwork.

Pouring the elevator pit footer
A water stop has been cast in the base footer to make the pit water tight.

Two matts of steel at the elevator pit. A two foot sump hole incorporated in the pit for future sump pump that will be connected to an oil water separator on an alarm system.

Poured footings. Concrete mix design for the Project is 4000 PSI. 7-day break results should be in today. Anticipated 7 day break should be around 3800 to 4100 psi. Design is for 4000 psi at 28 days, but we use a mid-range water reducer additive that shoots up the compression strengths dramatically. Concrete is usually poured at between 4-5" slumps.

Marcel:) :slight_smile:

Well, in the past couple of weeks, the Book Store project has been delayed due to starting yet a third project on Campus of an emergency gym floor water problem.

After twenty years, water found it’s way underneath the Field House Gym floor and destroyed it.

18,000 sq. ft. gym floor, to remove the floor, bleachers, and the concrete floor underneath.
Abandoned piping of all sorts over the years contributed to the water envasion.

So here are a couple of pictures of the form work in progress at the book store.

We do our own foundations and use the newest of the Western Alluminum form system. The gasketed system does not allow any liquids escape even with the use of the vibrator.

Do you think there is enough reinforcement?

Maybe House foundations would not bulge in with this design. ha. ha.

Hope some interested.

Will follow up on the 18,000 sq. ft. Gym Project.

What happens when water intrusion hits a Gym Floor,? everything has to be taken out and redone properly.

Here is a picture showing 18,000 sq. ft. of concrete floor being saw cut 6’ x 6’ to be taken out.

Here is what a 6 mil. vapor barrier looks like at 20-25 years.

Nice clay soils to help the moisture.

Pretty interesting find.

Update on the Book Store Project.

Forms are done and the Concrete goes in. Hopefully the forms will hold.
With this Western Aluminum form system, it should not be a problem.

130 Cubic yards.

4000 PSI Concrete with Air Entrainment and mid-range additive for a water reducer for flow and pumpability ease.

Hope it interest some and will provide the next phase of water proofing, perimeter drainage and backfill.

Don’t we all love this hard work? ha. ha.

I love it, I just delegate my authority now. ha. ha.

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley:

Well, kids are moving in on the 28th of this month, and right at the wire the Northern part of the project is pretty well complete. Phew that is to close for comfort.

Spiral staircase brings them up to the College Pub.
That should be fun to watch. ha. ha.

Hi Marcel, nice project! you must be glad it’s winding down,

Remember my project in No. Berwick where I was converting a ranch into a cape? Well two months later we have the permit! funding is secured, just waiting for paper work from the bank.

Job includes a second story addition with a full dormer, complete trenching around the foundation for a perimeter drain, upgrading the electrical service to 200 amps and putting it underground from the house to the street.

OH, by the way, they actually use the 1999 BOCA code!!! this should be interesting as most of Maine uses the 2003 IBC.

I’ll post some picture’s, sorry not commercial but interesting anyway.

Peter, how did you manage to get the permit? Was it not turned down the first time?

I finally got the town manager to agree that since the house was built before the town had any zoning it should be exempt. He agreed.

I’ll post pictures as we go.