Aerial Drone Inspections

Well, I don’t do the high pitched ones either unless there is a valley I can walk or access to the ridge.

;):slight_smile:

I agree

That is a good one Charley, at least it is not ice on metal. :):wink:

Most of us serious inspectors don’t have time for playing when we work

:mrgreen::wink:

No joke!
I use it on commercial inspections each and every time!

I use it before I commit to a proposal…

I evaluate the entire neighborhood …

However, if you have a job that you truly enjoy, it’s all play. No such thing as work…lol

Sometimes it’s not just the pitch… it’s the loose granules that’ll do ya in. Obviously I could see this from the ground, but I wanted a better look at the flue chase, skylights and get some pics…

Who hasn’t slipped and slide’d for a bit on the way down?.. keeps the heart pumpin’.

If it’s that bad, why bother going up? If you can determine it is failed and currently needs replacement, that’s already the condition defined without a trip up. You won’t find more than" failed, needs replacement"

“Bells and whistles”

Step right up!

Understood, I can indicate the roof needed repair/replacement from ground. However, as mentioned there were other components up there I wanted a look at. Flue chases & metal termination caps/crowns, flashing components skylights etc that are worth noting, I think…

Details make for good bells and whistles too.

Believe me, I’m not a daredevil… would be shame to have roof replaced and other items go un-noticed.

I never have, but I also don’t walk on roofs unless it’s a flat roof. Otherwise, I crawl like a baby.

OK RR, define the crawl like a baby… I can see resting on one’s backside and kinda scooting down, with heels and palms, but crawl on all fours?

That is what the kids don’t understand I care not how bad it looks from the ground I want close and personal pic’s

Maybe getting a little off track, not using this for a roof inspection but for flying through the HOA community and pointing out the areas discussed within the PCA report and/or reserve study report, the video “goal” should give the members and/or home owners an overall visual instead of photos taken form the ground or from a roof, many of these members and/or owners/investors may have never even stepped foot on the property…

I get down on my knees and play I don’t fall off the roof. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Roy
Do you have documention of some kind that states that Canadian home inspectors cannot use thèse.
Thanks