All existing state licensing to be wiped out. Scumbag NAHI proposes Federal licensing

April 19, 2007
Washington, DC

The National Association of Home Inspectors (NAHI), a home inspector trade association based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, today announced their intention to put forth Federal licensing of all home inspectors. The new law, if adopted by Congress, would wipe out all existing state laws regarding home inspectors and replace them with one, uniform, nationwide license. Existing state licensed home inspectors would be required to turn in their home inspector licenses and seek the new Federal home inspector license.

Under the new proposal every licensed home inspector would be placed on a Federal Register of Home Inspectors for use by local, state and federal government employees to recommend qualified inspectors to real estate agents and U.S. consumers. Untrained inspectors, who normally would not qualify for a license, could simpy pay a preferred inspector fee and be included on the Federal Register. Unqualified inspectors who desire to be categorized as “strongly recommended” on the Register could opt to pay an additional preferred inspector fee.

Home inspectors have historically been the only impartial party to a real estate transaction. This would all end under the new proposal which would permit inspectors to offer repair services to correct defects discovered during their own inspection process. It is expected that this will lead to inspectors lowering their fees just to get the leads on the contracting work. An unidentified spokeswoman for NAHI said “This is good for consumers who suffer with impartially-generated, inspections with current fees that are upwards of $200 in some areas.”

Nick Gromicko, Founder of NACHI, the inspection industry’s largest association, opposes NAHI’s new Federal legislation calling it “totally unethical.” In response, NAHI has contacted all 14 of their members nationwide and asked them to contribute to a new legal attack fund to sue NACHI. “Gromicko is correct about it being totally unethical, but harming consumers while destroying the inspection industry is a personal business freedom guaranteed in the Magna Carta or somewhere,” said NAHI’s spokeswoman.

Shame on you, Nick, for continuing to allow NAHI to exist. What if this were real?

What a joke! If they focused their time, energy and money on their members instead of BS like this they would not be loosing so many members to NACHI

okay you had me going :shock:

I’ve been spending all morning looking into getting licensed in Oklahoma, since I had to turn down an inspection and couldn’t get a OK inspector to take the lead.

I can’t find anything on the regular news services about this. Where is it posted?

Thinking about it however, since all 3 associations already have brand new or seasoned inspectors with no real training or qualifications it makes a lot of sense. I think however we need to set the fees significantly higher to fully establish our place in society. Something like maybe $2,500 per year for novices AND $4,500 per year to be placed on a preferred vendor list.

I’m at that point in my career, I’d love to just give somebody a little graft to get a job - it beats the heck out of marketing.

Here is a clue:

“Gromicko is correct about it being totally unethical, but harming consumers while destroying the inspection industry is a personal business freedom guaranteed in the Magna Carta or somewhere,” said NAHI’s spokeswoman.

Hold on it’s not April 1st again is it

:|.)You had me till the VERY END BAD BOY Nick!-X

Ha, ha! Nick, you’re not only a genius, you have a sense of humor! That little satire actually fooled some folks!

Gosh I wish you young folks wouldn’t pull those kind of stupid pranks and get us old guys hopes up. My heart is broken - it feels like when I first learned there was no Easter Bunny. Here I thought I could give somebody money, graft, bribes, kickbacks, etc and get more business. Then the let-down.

What do you mean there is no Easter Bunny? Next you will be telling there is no Santa.

That was a good one!:smiley: