Almost Meltdown & Now Foreign Banks

Awful lot of drivel & miscommunication even from you, what was your question again Mikey? Are you saying that letting Bush pimp our Social Security funds would solve the financial crisis? Just spit it out boy!

Joey, I’ll keep it simple for you.

The money was gone before Bush was even on the seen.

He tried to bring some reality to the situation.

The game continues.

We loose.:frowning:

Once again no plan., no action, no clue.:frowning:

http://johnmcbush2008.org/images/3rd.png

A vote for John McCain is a vote for a third Bush term. McCain admitted that his relationship with Bush is based on shared views in Iraq, immigration and a common agenda. McCain has offered no plan to end the war in Iraq. In fact, McCain says he is comfortable with being in Iraq for a hundred years. McCain offers a health care plan that is similar to Bush’s proposal, which failed to expand coverage and cut health care costs. McCain endorsed Bush’s plan to privatize Social Security—so much so he joined Bush on the campaign to sell the proposal. Although McCain previously opposed Bush’s tax cuts for the wealthy he has made a “breathtaking turnaround” and supports these budget-busting, tax cuts for the wealthy.

Get the facts on John “McBush” McCain:

seen=scene, right?

Is this something else we will just have to take on faith like your religious mumbo-jumbo? This is Bush’s fault and you know it, I know it and the world knows it. The buck stops in the oval office.

Mikey… No proof, no integrity, no kidding. :mrgreen:

I’ll tell you this. I probably won’t like a McCain presidency anymore than I did the Bush presidency but an Obama presidency is unthinkable and dangerous.

Unfortunately our choices are limited. :twisted:

Finally we agree on something.:shock::wink:

Tonight, on “60 Minutes”, Obama was critical of McCain while McCain was equally critical of his own party, as he was his opponent.

And one did not have to be a student of body language to see him shake his head “no” as he answered “yes” to the question “Would Sarah Palin actually make a good president?”

The man is more dangerous to the safety of Americans than Osama bin Laden.

After last weeks market manipulation by the Bush Administration and next weeks bailout and destruction of America as we know it, my only form of retaliation is for the rest of my life to vow to never again vote for an incumbent ever, this my personal revenge & revolution.

Vote the bastards of office every chance you get!

I’m for the bailout. I think that if we are going to bailout anyone, the payoff of every mortgage in America should be the goal.

The current plan is for the US to relieve the banks of the burden of bad debt on mortgages (that’sw what we’ve been told). I say, instead of buying the bad debt, and having folks keep paying for somethng they cant afford, that our government would be better off simply paying off every mortgage in America. This way, we wouldnt have mortgage payments, and could afford the taxes. Banks with huge loads of **** investments not directly related to Joe Taxpayer, should be allowed to crash and burn.

If I had no mortgage, I could spend money on cars, food, health care, etc…

Oh, one other thing… If you were at the helm of one of these financial houses that have run aground, you should walk the plank. No retirement and no bonus for you.

When we f-up on the job, we get fired and get no golden parachute, retirement, incentive, or bonus.

Note to Joe Farsetta:

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac hold approximately $5.3 Trillion in mortgage paper.

It’s not all bad paper.

The “bailout” at this time lacks enough specifics to be considered IMHO

Mike,

My point is that the “plan” should be simple and to the point.

For instance, there is supposed to be a mechanism in place to help folks on the brink of foreclosure, or in foreclosure, or in bankruptcy to help them stay in their homes.

Problem, is that it’s all on paper. There’s no help, and not one bank is willing to work with anyone. This is fact.

They want their cake and eat it to.

If you owned a company and invested your money in flan, and there was a downturn in the value of flan, you’d likely go out of business.

Flan, mortgages… what’s the difference at this point? I’m a Republican. But, I got to say that Paulsen kept looking off camera during his TV appearances, like he was staring at someone pointing a gun at him. Confidence level I had after watching this: ZERO.

Then GW saying that we cant slow these emergency measures down, and that the World is watching. Nope, no room for rational discussion and some protection for Johnny Taxpayer.

If I was the Prez they’d be blinded by A$$, as I walked out the door. I’d liquidate their sorry a$$ets and distribute any proceedds directly to American taxpayers.

GW and Paulsen are scarier than the last horror film I saw.

I say your plan doesn’t go far enough, why not just declare a Jubilee Year and forgive all debt, everyone starts over with a clean slate. Of course don’t hold your breath waiting for that because that ain’t never gonna happen. :smiley:

It appears that the current Paulson plan will provide some kind of liquidity for the banks to continue to lend without really retiring the bad debt. To me this is a very bad prescription that will end up destroying the dollar and it’s purchasing value by allowing the bad debt to remain is some quasi-state of performance. The market does not appear to differentiated between real money & debt which when added together creates inflation. This is what happened in 2001 when they lowered interest rates below 1% and flooded the market with money (debt). It is equivalent to fighting a fire with gasoline, from the proposal it seems that this time they are promising not to use so much. :roll:

Look what happened today with gold & oil, when people loose faith in a currency there is a rush to convert that currency into tangible things. It appears the Fed’s ability to produce real change is being challenged on all levels.

Joe as normally very rational person you have me confused.

The government can’t simply pay off all the mortgages. Who would pay for it?

You and me. Now where are we doing to find an additional $5.3 Trillion?
And that not even all of the outstanding mortgage debt.

I don’t trust this bailout plan either. Some are trying to say the government will actually make money on it because they will be able to sell the homes that have the bad mortgages.
That could be but it’s a big IF.

If I am a taxpayer, and my government pays for these loans and properties, and my house is one of them, how will they forclose on me, when I am in fact foreclosing on myself.

This entire plan is bull$hit.

I do not trust this government plan. It’s 11th hour and is designed to save the fat-cats, at the expense of all of us. The benefit for all of us taxpayers is non-existent.

Why is Bush afraid of helping the taxpayer?

The last bill assed by congress (last month I think) was written by the banks. It helps no one but themselves.

It all sucks.

My tax dollars buys these companies and banks. Where’s my dividend?

I could not agree more Joe F.
I’m tired of being told to bend over.

Thirty-Two Words That None Dare Utter

Section 8 of the pending bailout legislation

“Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency.”

Since when did we elect a President Paulson?

For those trying to convince themselves that the blame lies only at Bush’s feet,

READ THIS

Still think that?

Paulson didnt like a proposed provision of the right of a bankruptcy judge to re-write the terms of a loan in an effort to help a homeowner in bankruptcy keep their home.

Funny… this provision takes the decision to screw Joe Homeowner away from the bank.

Since the TAXPAYERS are footing the bills and the BANKS are getting a bye, why isnt the proposal fair and just?

IMO, the chairman of the SEC should GO.

Paulson should be shown the door if he cant get his nose out of the Wall Street hucksters’ collective a$$es.

THIS is the message of expediency and urgency that Paulson needs to understand.

Here is something you can do about it, for what it is worth. At least it is something.

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/no_blank_check/?r=1606&id=912-885315-u41QFFx