Anyone on Facebook?

Ok time to join. You talked me into it. lol

Not an inspection job, Billy but I did get some log furniture orders through a friend of a friend, whom I did not know before. Now some friends of friends also know of my inspection business, you got nutin’ to lose.

Anyone can search for me. Mike Hunt, State College, PA. I have a red thing saying i am ray. have no clue who ray is. Sorry for the mix-up. i will add you guys! Thanks.

I got another red square because some one doesn’t like my name. boy you guys sure are swell. Love Ya!

Trust me, I was heavily resistant to joining facebook. And now find that I’m heavily addicted to it. Ha ha. Not really actually.

Is anyone else as pissed as I am that they didn’t come up with this concept? So basic yet so lucrative.

I was resistant as well, I thought it was for kids and immature adults, and it probably is. The question is-which one are you? Quick, add more friends so we have more than our kids!! Another bonus is that we add our kids friends as they want the numbers up there right? It gives us a little insight as to what’s going on, could give a heads up to a problem.

I’m on it…( facebook ) as a way to stay in touch with my high school graduation class.

It does get addicting and time consuming. I built up about 600 friends, but never got an inspection from it.

IMHO,

Since I have to approve any requests of seeing my profile, it highly limits it usefulness of marketing. Which is intentional. I use facebook to swap photos with other firefighters, emts, and others involved locally. Basically saying if I don’t approve you as a friend, just understand why.

As for marketing, any web presence is smart. However, like stated before other social networking systems have a better presence than others.

tom

Ok I joined. However, I don’t see a way to search profiles in my area like you can on Myspace. Am I missing something?

I am noticing more and more about Twitter , but just do not understand the benefit.
Not sure how it would help business and doubt many care about my TV viewing and snack eating habits,haha.

Destructive Koobface virus turns up on Facebook

Good morning fellas:

Yesterday I started a Facebook group, giving away free energy audits. This is a market test with a new twist: Friends have to nominate someone else to win. It has only been a day so far, but have already had a response.

It is an open group, if you would like to join, just to see what I’m trying so you can come up with a better idea, and tell me where im going wrong.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=38048891965&ref=mf

Im not sure this link will work

Instead of T.V. watching. you twitter what your doing on an inspection and what defects that you have found and soon you build a trust and rapport with the twits as I call them and hopefully business or referals.
If interested I have a friend, she is one of the top twitters and explains this type of stuff I can post her email address and site.

Sure Gerry.

I would just think it would not have much benifit as compared to say a blog on your own site ,or Active Rain.

O.k. once I get her permission I’ll post it. As compared to a blog people would have to go to it (if they do) but when you twitter it sends the message to their cell phone or computer and they can read the twitter immediately and if you belong to a large group that’s a lot of instant messages. Don’t know much about it but she’ll be able to explain it better than me.

im on face book, Joe Tribuzio

We just started using Facebook as a means of networking in our BNI chapter. It seems to be working pretty well so far in a week or two. I haven’t gotten any referrals from it just yet, but there were a couple of people in the chapter that got refferals out of it this week from other members contacts.

That’s the beauty of facebook. Unlike Myspace, it’s not designed for you to do a generic search for people in your area. Rather, it helps locate people you’re already friends with by doing a name search. And once you start acquiring friends, it’s programmed such that it sends you messages alerting you people you might know on the basis of common facebook “friends.”

Put in a search for anyone/anything. When the search results page comes up, there will be another search bar near the top of the page. Next to this seach bar will be an option for profile search.

Jeff