Appliance Inspections

Easy, don’t buy a brand new house. Like I said, your numbers don’t apply to most inspections. Those would apply to the value of the present appliances if you were inspecting a one-year-old home.

That wasn’t my question.

Not really, I figured you’d go there eventually.:wink: I see value in your products, but I’m not including those in the discussion. I would put a Recallchek at more of a value than any inspection of an appliance an inspector would perform.

Will do.
Need to set up ISN,find all those expenses and get through April 15 first.:frowning:

Everything because it is all a symbiotic relationship.

Many individual appliances cost as much as a new furnace yet you check that why ?

The whole idea is to look for potential issues in homes that effect a clients evaluation of the home and at a certain point we realize SOP is a guideline and not a rule book.

Look at your own State SOP (Illinois) and you will see it also is merely a guideline and not intended to limit you as written .Your personal Inspection Agreement exists for that .

What effect your clients evaluation ?

Why are they hiring you ?

Most certainly a $2,500 fridge not functioning will effect their evaluation way more than that loose outlet you found …Yes or No ?

It is about two things when it comes to inspection method and reporting and two things only .

Safety and $$$$$

My favorite saying the past year is its all about T and M .

Whose T…and whose-M.

Based on the discussion, apparently I’m not too far from inspecting appliances already. :slight_smile:

Alright, let’s see a sampling of any appliance-related disclaimers you guys use. My hang-up with inspecting appliances is putting my neck on the line for a highly used(and abused) component by saying it is operational, only to have it croak three months after the inspection and then I get a phone call.

How do you all mitigate this possibility?

At the time of the inspection both the range top and top and bottom oven elements were operational.

IR_0621.jpg

NO IR needed for that one.
I often turn off the lights and my flash to show it in a regular pic.

I bake gluten-free cupcakes… :mrgreen:

See that’s what some of you guys worry to much about (dis-claimers).
Handling expectations will protect you better.

Learn your client.

I do not even eat before an inspection and actually take a Niacin tablet on my way out the door.

Slow enough as it is.:slight_smile:

I have one but you don’t need a thermal imager to take a confirmation of operation pic.

That’s right, but at the same time, I scan the electric panel, while the system is under load.
No, its not necessary but like recall, its a bonus.

Either that really didn’t answer the question or I need to smoke a whole lot more weed to understand it. :slight_smile:

That’s sexy use of infrared. Bob’s right, it’s probably not needed but it sure is cool. :slight_smile:

All appliances in the kitchen were functioning properly at time of inspection. Due to the daily use of these appliances breakdowns do occur on a regular basis. It is reasonable to assume that although functioning properly at time of inspection, breakdowns will occur. Recommend budgeting for this eventuality.

I don’t believe for a moment that you have no disclaimers regarding limiting your responsibility on appliances.

What?

The house will fall down eventually.

Budget for a replacement. :roll:

Thanks Greg.