Ask Dominic

Interesting… the 15.4" widescreen is one of the things I love about mine. Make sure you check out NewEgg.com for your RAM. When you get into the memory section, in the left side column, there is a Memory Configurator that makes it easy. http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category.aspx?Category=17&name=Memory

Jefferey, I stick to crucial and kingston, but most of neweggs brands work just fine.

Bob, almost everything will run on Vista if you put it into XP compatability mode. There’s only 3 programs out of the 50 or so I installed that I still cant get to work, but thats how it goes with every windows update!

Ive built over 500 computers over the past decade. About 80% of them had ASUS motherboards inside. They work great and if I had a problem a few years later ASUS would allow me to send the MB back to them and theyd send us a new one.

Soon as I am done dragging the MB I am going to order the 512 Ram to bring me up to over a GIG . That should be enough for my HIP, Dragon , Copernic and Spartan clipboard to operate at one time I hope?
$ 30 bucks is not much to double what I have.
It makes me wonder why brand names charge so much more on CPU’s when the Ram is cheap , but the price goes up hundreds on a liittle more Ram.
What is the reason?

Dominic…

I feel much better now that I have ‘your’ “seal of approval” :smiley:

This is what I ordered…

20-146-517 NBM 1Gx2|CRUCIAL CT2KIT12864AC53E R [RIGHT]1
$36.99
$36.99

[/RIGHT]

Should be here Monday…looking forward to the upgrade.:smiley:

Same reason that Nordstrom charges $399 for the same digital camera that I get at Wal-Mart for $199. I don’t need a guy in a suit (regardless of how cute he is) showing me where the digital cameras are when my legs still work perfectly well and taking me over there to the camera display.

It’s been over a decade since I had time to play computer games. Hmmmmmm.

The competition on commercial computers is pretty steep. Usually you’ll see when they are adding more ram you’re also getting a processor update. The faster processors are where you’ll see .3 ghz adding hundreds to the cost of the computer. That’s because the newest, fastest processors always have high demand and newest technology. Just wait a month and the prices come way down.

Wow, good price. You’ll enjoy the boost when you have multiple programs open (that’s when ram is most important). I love newegg. I order stuff at 3pm and it arrives the next day with normal shipping 90% of the time. I don’t know how they do it!

Glad you can type with those tired hands Dom.
Question I have is…
Can I trust delivery on a expensive electronic item such as a computer.
Those UPS guys have a habit of just leaving stuff at the front door around here.

I do. They are 30 minutes from you, so even with LA metroplex traffic, they can get it to you net day. Imagine if they had someone in the metroplex like me who worked 24/7. You could order it at 3 pm and have it by 5 the same day! :margarit:

Have your shipper insure it, which then requires a signature. Many online services also have a notes section where you can leave specific instructions. Since my home is up a long driveway on the side of a hill, I always enter instructions that they can leave it at the garage door entrance without a signature.

Hehe, that is a big part of the reason. But even when stuff comes from their New Jersey warehouse it comes in 2 days. But they always manage to get it to UPS THAT DAY for it to go out, which is very efficient. Buy.com used to do the same, but every box I got from the looked like someone did a dance on TOP of it (not good when you’re buying flat screen monitors or anything else for that matter).

Usually you can request that it has to be signed for, meaning you have to be home. I don’t have a problem here, but I don’t live in Chicago!

I’ve had my hands in ice for the last 30 minutes. It was over 90 degrees out there and I had to do 90% of the work. I wish my mom didn’t move every 18 months from apartment to apartment, it’s getting very aggrevating. My wrist was already hurting from typing so much, but now the callouses make it much more fun!

http://obsessed-with-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3954

Russ , let me know next time you order so the boyz can be waiting at the garage.

Dom you need Dragon. Russ can help you with that one.
Me …I better wait for the Ram, before I freeze my computer some more.

RAM is easy to make and everybody makes it. CPU’s are another story, more dificult to produce and develop.

Yeah , but the only difference I thought was the Ram.
Dom just explained about the processor.
Three years since I virgin bought this laptop next fall and I still have much to learn.

That’s 'cause the New Jersey warehouse simply sends an email to the City of Industry warehouse, which then ships it to you with the New Jersey address on it. Quite simple, really, if one’s had enough :margarit:'s.

I’m surprised you don’t use VRS. I’ve been using DNS for several years now. It’s the greatest, and my fingers and wrists don’t hurt anymore, unless the margarita glass is too big. :margarit:

I have a microsoft natural keyboard that looks like a broken keyboard as the keys for each hand are separated. The problem is I’ve literally been programming 20 hours straight for quite awhile now to catch up on a few things and lifted tons of boxes, refrigerator, 500 lb slab of marble, couches , etc… didn’t mix well.

What’s VRS? The only DNS I know is Dynamic Name Servers, what are you referring to.

He means Dragon Dom.
My biggest problem with Dragon is on the reports I have a tendancy to get into a conversation type tone.
Proof reading is mandatory.