B-Vent = 1"

Originally Posted By: jpope
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

This was for a newly installed wall furnace. . .

![](upload://f2gx8kvLmwFA782K6wrYG7RvXXN.jpeg)

![](upload://xJklI6TwcjuzipTw5gamsKmCLAk.jpeg)

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Jeff,

With all those defects that you manage to dig up everyday, it seems that it shouldn't be a problem trying to locate a "House of Horrors" for NACHI in the city of Newhall.

Your inspection area would obviously be a great location for training our newer members.

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: aslimack

This one would certainly qualify for the worst inspection photo thread.

Adam, A Plus

Originally Posted By: jpope

If all of these homes were located in Newhall, I’d be movin’ out icon_biggrin.gif

Generally, the worst conditions I find tend to be within the Los Angeles city limits (as with this property). These are areas where you can still buy a home for under $450K. This one was 987 square feet, built in 1945 and priced to sell @ $399K.

I am fortunate enough to live in an area where $399K is the starting price for a second or third floor condo. My kids call this place "Pleasantville."

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: cradan

“Peasantville” might be more appropriate, if you were measuring the residents by the relative amount of dough they had remaining in their pocketbooks and wallets after making the monthly mortgage, tax and insurance nut…

Must be that fresh L.A. basin air that keeps 'em buying at that "gotta make an offer RIGHT NOW" pace...

![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Chris
http://www.inspect4me.com
Chicago Illinois Home Inspections