Basement, foundation, crawlspace & structure & Heating

Hello Florida inspectors, im a bit confused on foundation topic for the report. Here we have concrete foundation. This is normally covered with tile/rug/or wood laminate.

In this section do we just put that its concrete slab and show no pictures? My report look slim in this area and and slim in the heating area as we use a/c units out here mainly… I guess my confusion is how do we report them? This part of my report is currently no pictures and just the details asked such as foundation: Slab

Im using spectora at the moment any suggestions?

Slabs are simple, they’re either flat and level or they’re not, in wich case I write them up as such.

SLAB - Slab materials were covered by carpet or other floor coverings and was not visible at the time of inspection. No defects viewed.

This is from an inspection I did last week.

3 Likes

Thank you i appreciate you! Do you show a picture or just the narrative?

If you dont mind also what abut the heating section, do we just make a duplicate of the a/c info?

If the home has AC only, I would either omit the Heating all together or report as no heating installed.

2 Likes

I don’t take pictures of the slab unless there is a “visible” issue that I can capture with a camera.

I have an “HVAC” section set up in my software that covers both heating and AC systems. Someone that uses Spectora @ruecker might be able to give you some better advice on this subject.

1 Like

IMO you do not need to include a picture (of everything) if you didn’t find any problems with it. Just describe it.

Even though the way I understand many homes in Florida do not have much wrong with them. When you’re inspecting a three bed two bath, all electric, on a slab Foundation, less than 10 years old, there’s not much to report. I guess a few guys feel they need to include a bunch of photos so it looks like they actually inspected something. One post recently where an inspector includes a photo of every single outlet in the home.

2 Likes

I basically do the same as Kevin. I have a Heating and Cooling section. I put a picture of each heating and cooling unit, as well as the data tags, in the report. I put in the date of manufacture, fuel type, and basic unit type as well.

2 Likes

Ok thank you! So i mainly have been seeing just split a/c units, the air handler and condenser unit out doors, If i adjoining the a/c section and heating in my reporting software showing pictures of just the 2 units and the main disconnect i i hear you correctly this, should be sufficient correct? Along with the data plate and pertinent info of course.

Im guessing my confusion is how do we report that the one system does both heating and cooling?
And then based on the the different request as for S.O.P how do we report that… These may be super green questions, thank yo in advance to all who are answering

Like in the case of a heat pump, I would just put a note in the cooling section that the details for the cooling equipment will be found in the heating section, as it is a dual-purpose unit.

1 Like

Thank you and everyone who helped! This is a lot more clear now.

1 Like

I’m also in Florida, I use Spectora and as far as the slab goes, I just mark it down and if there’s a spot somewhere that you can see it, often at the lowest grade part of the house, I’ll include a picture just to show it’s not undermined.

Most of the homes I do are heat pumps, some are AC outside, furnace inside.

If it’s a heat pump, I use the condenser for the heating section and the air handler for the cooling section. I don’t think it matters much if there’s nothing wrong. It’s simply documentation at that point. I make sure to include the name plate and the mfg information plate on both parts. I do take images of the ductwork in the attic just to show the state of rodent predation, i.e. most of the time there is none, but I have found it.

1 Like

Thank you mark i appreciate you