BestInspectors opens Officer's Club for NACHI.

Originally Posted By: jbushart
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

gwells wrote:
James,

The charter that is posted on the MSI web site is out of date. MSI is no longer a sole proprietorship, nor has it been for some time. It is now owned by Clearview Services Corporation and ownership is being transferred to MSI International, Inc.

The charter remains on the site to provide historical perspective as much as anything else. It is very likely that the charter will be abrogated under MSI International. That, however, remains to be seen. That decision will be made by the board of directors.

George,

Thanks for clearing that up.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

George is coming up with some great NACHI exlusives. Stay tuned! His products are really good.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Nick,

Have you arranged (or will you arrange) with any other provider to coordinate the CMIE, or is this exclusively provided through MSI, Inc.?

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: gwells

James,

John Shearman is MSI's Director of Certifications. Here is a page that will introduce you to him.

http://www.shearman.us/shearman.htm

John has many qualifications and credentials that are not listed on the web page. MSI' certifications have been accepted throughout the world because MSI follows internationally accepted certification protocol, including proctored exams. No home inspection inspection organization that I am aware of, including ASHI or NAHI, follow internationally accepted protocol.

John has been, and is, affiliated with several major universities throughout the world. He is presently working on a construction related Ph.D..

--
George

Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Clearview-Services-MSI

Originally Posted By: cmccann

I just deleted about 4 paragraph’s of comments, but then decide “F” it. What’s the use…good luck with your ebay certified inspectors. icon_lol.gif That pretty much sums it up.

Not another PHD!!!! LOL.

What exactly is international certification protocol? Never mind, I'm sure it's something that means very much to you and very little to me......

With or without you I will continue.

--
NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: lkage

gromicko wrote:
Anyway, with regard to Chuck's suggestion... Perhaps we can start an opinion thread for every vendor we have in www.InspectorMall.com and put a link to the thread underneath their listed links in the mall so that we can all comment and read about our experiences with that vendor. It sure would make the good vendors who provide quality products and superior service to us... to keep it up. And it would help our less than adequate vendors recognize their weaknesses and work to strengthen them. Yes?

Soitenly!...wooob...wooob...wooob...better 'n nuttin'. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
"I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him."
Galileo Galilei

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

George,

Thanks for the info on Mr. Shearman.

I'm having some difficulty in finding your name on the Ohio list of Licensed Electrical Contractors, though. Perhaps you are licensed in another state. Would you lead me to a source for that, please?

I have no doubt of your electrical expertise, having read some of your posts on Mike Holt's forum. I try to learn as much about the people behind the services being offered by them as I can.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: tallen

CRHI with

XL Std

Certification Package Certification, XL Std Inspection Report and business system, practice exam, 8000 page reference library on CD, two sets of certificates suitable for framing, one year membership in BestInspectors.Net, listing in the BestInspectors.Net on-line directory.

A $593 value (purchased separately).
$399
+$15 S&H

NACHI member cost: $349
+$15 S&H

It's $299.00 on ebay. ![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif)

I must be missing something here.

Does this certification require an exam?

Wow, I am lost, but that is nothing new.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

James,

Call the OCILB and ask for either Carol or Bonnie. They can verify both my license and MSI's agency status.

--
George

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

gwells wrote:
James,

Call the OCILB and ask for either Carol or Bonnie. They can verify both my license and MSI's agency status.

Mr. Wells:

http://www.bestinspectors.com/news/pressrelease-cmi.htm

Care to comment with regard to accuracy and validity?

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Joe,

Nick is the man behind the CMI program. He can answer questions related to the CMI better than I can.

--
George

gwells wrote:
Joe,

Nick is the man behind the CMI program. He can answer questions related to the CMI better than I can.

George:

It is Your Press Release on Your Website.

http://www.bestinspectors.com/news/pressrelease-cmi.htm

Are you saying you can not comment? Why?

--
Joseph Hagarty

gwells wrote:
Joe,

![icon_confused.gif](upload://qv5zppiN69qCk2Y6JzaFYhrff8S.gif)

HMMMMM, the "word" must be subjective and not all inclusive.

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

gwells wrote:
James,

Thank you, George.

--

www.monachi.org

Joe,

Perhaps if you were to ask specific questions, I could answer them. Still, you would do better to direct your questions to Nick Gromicko. As I have already stated, the CMI is Nick's program. It is not mine. I agreed to participate when I was asked to do so.

It is quite apparent that some NACHI members (and perhaps you are among them) are not happy with Nick's decisions or my having agreed to participate. I may not know much but I do know one thing. It is not possible to please everyone. Had Nick not asked me for assistance, I am sure he would have asked someone else.

I am not inclined to participate in petty squabbles. The malcontents can grouse all they want. That really is of no concern of mine. If I were to go away, someone else would step in to assist Nick with the launch of the CMI. Those who are unhappy would still have ultimately to take up the matter with Nick. So, why not cut to the chase and do that now.

It is my understanding that the CMI is voluntary. Those who participate will do so of their own volition. No one is forcing anyone to participate in any way at any level, so far as I know. If that is indeed the case, I don't understand why anyone would be so upset.

I will address questions of fact as well as I am able to do but I am not in a position to answer many questions about the CMI program. I am in support of the concept of the CMI and I will support Nick in any way that I am able to do.

This forum is not one of productive, logical debate. It is nothing more than an emotional free-for-all. What?s the point in that? What will be accomplished by name calling, petty accusations and such? There seems to be no genuine interest in solving problems or setting a course that is for the betterment of the membership. If I see sensible questions posted, whether they are regarding the CMI or other matters, I will do my best to help. Otherwise, I?ll leave to the brawlers to carry on the brawl.

--
George

tallen wrote:
CRHI with
XL Std
Certification Package Certification, XL Std Inspection Report and business system, practice exam, 8000 page reference library on CD, two sets of certificates suitable for framing, one year membership in BestInspectors.Net, listing in the BestInspectors.Net on-line directory.

A $593 value (purchased separately).
$399
+$15 S&H

NACHI member cost: $349
+$15 S&H

It's $299.00 on ebay. ![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif)

I must be missing something here.

Does this certification require an exam?

Wow, I am lost, but that is nothing new.

This is fairly specific. and has not much to do with the CMI, but.......

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Quote:
It is my understanding that the CMI is voluntary.

Is there a CMI ???

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

gwells wrote:
Joe,

Perhaps if you were to ask specific questions, I could answer them. Still, you would do better to direct your questions to Nick Gromicko. As I have already stated, the CMI is Nick's program. It is not mine. I agreed to participate when I was asked to do so.

It is quite apparent that some NACHI members (and perhaps you are among them) are not happy with Nick's decisions or my having agreed to participate. I may not know much but I do know one thing. It is not possible to please everyone. Had Nick not asked me for assistance, I am sure he would have asked someone else.

I am not inclined to participate in petty squabbles. The malcontents can grouse all they want. That really is of no concern of mine. If I were to go away, someone else would step in to assist Nick with the launch of the CMI. Those who are unhappy would still have ultimately to take up the matter with Nick. So, why not cut to the chase and do that now.

It is my understanding that the CMI is voluntary. Those who participate will do so of their own volition. No one is forcing anyone to participate in any way at any level, so far as I know. If that is indeed the case, I don't understand why anyone would be so upset.

I will address questions of fact as well as I am able to do but I am not in a position to answer many questions about the CMI program. I am in support of the concept of the CMI and I will support Nick in any way that I am able to do.

This forum is not one of productive, logical debate. It is nothing more than an emotional free-for-all. What?s the point in that? What will be accomplished by name calling, petty accusations and such? There seems to be no genuine interest in solving problems or setting a course that is for the betterment of the membership. If I see sensible questions posted, whether they are regarding the CMI or other matters, I will do my best to help. Otherwise, I?ll leave to the brawlers to carry on the brawl.

George:

Who wrote the CMI press release that appears on your web page dated August 29, 2005?

--
Joseph Hagarty

Joe,

Nick and I worked together on the project. I wrote the press release based on our plan. We were very well aware that it would upset, even anger, some people. However, Nick and I both realize that it does not matter when or how a program is implemented, it is going to upset, and probably anger, some people.

I am sure that some folks are opposed to the concept of a CMI designation so; no matter how the program were to be implemented it would be unsatisfactory to those folks. However, if they are opposed to the CMI concept, they should express that opinion, not attack the implementation. That only clouds the issue. I can understand the objections of those who are opposed to it. Though, I don?t necessarily agree with them.

As I see it, Nick is continuing to raise the standards of the profession. Ultimately, the majority will benefit but not everyone will. Some will feel as through they were forced to do something against their will or be left behind. There is some truth in that. But, the greater good of NACHI and the profession is more important that the discontent of a few who are not willing to put forth the effort to advance the profession or themselves.

You would have to ask Nick why he chose to ask me to help him launch the program. The fact is that someone who doesn?t like Nick because of his methods probably will not like me either. I can?t presume to speak for Nick but I think we share some common philosophies and personality traits. We are both want to do the prudent thing, we are willing to discuss matters to a point where we are confident that we are doing the prudent thing but we also recognize that it is action, not talk that gets things done. We both tend to allow what we consider to be a reasonable amount of time for talking and then the time comes for action. There is only so much that can be said on a matter. After that it is one person or faction trying to promote their interests more than trying to actually move ahead. That is the point where someone needs to put things in motion. I believe Nick got to that point with the CMI.

--
George