BestInspectors opens Officer's Club for NACHI.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

gromicko wrote:
"There is some discussion at NACHI leading to the use of NACHI's existing CMI Formula as a minimum qualifier to take the CMIE. In other words, one would first have to reach a certain point level (probably 5,000) on the http://www.nachi.org/cmiformula.htm before one could qualify to take the CMIE. Other discussions at NACHI suggest that passing the CMIE will be used to offset experience in the point system of the CMI formula. In other words, one could make up for one's lack of experience by scoring well on the CMIE. There is currently no consensus at NACHI on the use of either the CMI Formula or the CMIE in earning the Certified Master Inspector (CMI) designation."

This is my understanding of NACHI's current position on the issuing of a CMI professional designation from NACHI.

If I am incorrect, please correct me.

This is similar to my understanding of where we were with CMI. I was quite taken aback by the George Wells post that makes it appar that CMI is a done deal, and that all details have been worked out.

This is the issue when we let the cart pull the horse, or the vendor pull the 800 lb. Gorilla. NACHI sets the parameters, and the vendors meet them, or fail to meet them and go away. We need to be consistent with this, or the members may suffer.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

That is not the press release I released and which is the topic of this thread.

Here is the one I released in the first post: http://www.nachi.org/bestinspectors2005.htm

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Nick Gromicko is the master architect behind the development of the Certified Master Inspector program. Nick and George are a team uniquely qualified to have developed the CMI certification.

NACHI MAB!

Thanks Chuck, but that is a little over the top, even for me.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

http://www.bestinspectors.com/news/pressrelease-cmi.htm

As of August 29, 2005, the parameters had been met.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Sorry Nick, I should have put “Quote Unquote”. It’s from bI’s press release.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
29 August 2005

NACHI and BestInspectors.Net
First ever Certified Master Inspector ? class to be held in Orlando, Florida
The Nation Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) and MSI International, Inc.'s BestInspectors.Net are proud to announce that the first ever course leading to the Certified Master Inspector certification will be held in Orlando, Florida, 30 January - 3 February 2006. The course was developed by Nick Gromicko, Founder and former Executive Director of NACHI and George Wells founder of BestInspectors.Net and president of MSI International, Inc. MSI International, Inc. is the parent to both BestInspectors.Net and Management Science Institute. George Wells is also the founder and president of the NACHI Great Lakes Chapter.

Nick Gromicko is the master architect behind the development of the Certified Master Inspector program. Nick and George are a team uniquely qualified to have developed the CMI certification. MSI has a long history of professional certification programs that follow internationally accepted protocols. The CMI designation is unique in the home inspection industry. Nick's goal has been to raise the professionalism of home inspectors to entirely new levels, consistent with other professionals in closely related industries. After careful consideration, Nick approached George to co-develop a training course that will lead to the CMI designation. Nick recognized that MSI is well known and respected for providing continuing education programs that promote professionalism and going well beyond the basics. MSI is an Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board (OCILB, formerly OCIEB) and Michigan Department Of Construction Codes training agency. MSI has the experience and expertise to take home inspectors to a level that other training organizations are not able to do.

This historic event will be one of the most significant in the entire history of the home inspection industry. The class will coincide with the home inspection event of the century, the annual NACHI convention. The first ever Certified Master Inspectors will walk through the door at the convention on Saturday morning.

Not everyone who attends the class will qualify for the CMI certification. CMI certification requires the successful completion of the class and meeting other qualification requirements. Everyone who successfully competes the class will obtain standard certification both from NACHI and MSI. NACHI is also offering the first year of membership in NACHI free to every new NACHI member who successfully completes the course. Those who meet all other qualification requirements will receive the CMI certification upon completion of the course.

Registration is now open. The registration fee does not include the processing fee for the CMI certification. The CMI certification fee will be paid directly to NACHI. The registration fee includes the course and all course materials, standard certification from NACHI and MSI, and one year of membership in NACHI for new members. For additional information about the course, contact BestInspectors.Net at information@BestInspectors.Net. For additional information about the CMI certification contact Nick Gromicko at gromicko@msn.com.

--
NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

gromicko wrote:

You know that we all agreed to keep their projects confidential until such time as they wish to announce it themselves. All 4 of these technology developers/vendors have pledged to make their technologies NACHI member exclusives. We certainly can't complain about that, can we? All they ask is that they be permitted to launch their new projects the way they they deem best... at the NACHI Convention. This is a reasonable request that we will honor.

The NACHI Convention will truly be The Inspection Event of the Century: http://www.nachi.org/convention2006.htm

4 Industry-Changing technologies.

What are the next 3? ![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif)

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

I hereby volunteer to be the first Guiena Pig. Bring it on.

, minimum-standard exams.

Fellow member George Wells and a few other home inspection school operators are helping us with much of this. George is making it easy for me by holding his class near the convention.

http://www.nachi.org/cmi.htm

Anyway... we sure suffered from thread drift on this one.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Ok Nick back on the thread.

You or someone that pretends to be you posted information about a diploma mill BestInspectors.net. First and foremost the company expressed this to be some type of elite crowning for privileged NACHI members. Come to find out it was nothing more then a ploy to open our pockets for nothing of any value. You then claim to know nothing about this place or it's policies, then in a press release you are mentioned to have been working with this company on a grand CMI program.

This vender dealing is getting way out of control and policing it has become a task that can't be done buy unpaid volunteers. Frankly we should remove any and all vender programs from this site and start all over again with strict guidelines. Anyway, it's been fun and I need to move onto things that affect my business. Because this doesn't and all I wanted was to protect our members from another company with it's hand out with nothing of value in return. Good luck,

--
NACHI MAB!

Chuck,

I think you and I agree. One of the many purposes of this message board is for all of us to watch each other's back. If a product or service is deemed horrible or faulty or a vendor ad is deemed misleading to our detriment... we want to know about it.

We are all very thankful to be able to be forewarned by this message board when it comes to anyone taking our money. In the same way that we are enriched by learning of a vendor we want no part of... we are also enriched by learning of a vendor that serves us well.

Who is who is not for me to decide... it is for you inspectors who actually use the product or service to decide, voice your opinion here... and help us all.

All I do is announce things for you to have at.

I for one am grateful that you "have at it" as I am sure are the inspectors who either... patronize and benefit from -- or-- run from... a vendor based on recommendations found here.

In this regard, we are a bit like Consumer Reports.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

And thanks for getting us back on topic.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

While we’re being Consumer Reports tonight… I have a few of George’s products and love them.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Come on guys. Don’t be placing all the blame in one spot. I am just as responsible as Nick.

Nick has asked for written policy on these types of things and I/we just haven't produced yet. I agree that the Education Committee and possibly the MAB should have been involved with this. However, some projects are time sensitive and cannot be slowed down by volunteer committees which operate at a much slower pace. This CMI thing was in the hands of the Education Committee a long time ago. It dragged on and on with no positive outlook. Nick being the adventurous type took matters in his own hands and ran with it.

Perhaps it is a bad thing. Maybe it's not. The verdict is not in on that yet. But, we should never restrain anyone that is a forward thinker. Nick's biggest problem is his faith in anyone or anything that someone tells him. He sees nothing but good in everybody. It is a huge weakness of his. A weakness that he is aware of and will admit to in a second. So with that said

I also hold my self responsible for this. If it fails, blame me and the NACHI system, not just one person.

Wow, thanks, I think.

It is true that I view my worst scumbag enemies as 99% good... and everyone else as perfect. I'm too old to change my outlook now.

Anyway, with regard to Chuck's suggestion... Perhaps we can start an opinion thread for every vendor we have in www.InspectorMall.com and put a link to the thread underneath their listed links in the mall so that we can all comment and read about our experiences with that vendor. It sure would make the good vendors who provide quality products and superior service to us... to keep it up. And it would help our less than adequate vendors recognize their weaknesses and work to strengthen them. Yes?

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

With regard to what John said, Joe Farsetta and I were working by phone today on a “burden of proof” ad policy for vendors.

He said he might have something done on it tonight.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

" I’m going to instead say “It is done…here it is!”

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Quote:
Article VII - Legal status
7.1 Business type
Whereas MSI's founder, George Wells, owns sole and exclusive rights to MSI, has invested considerable time, effort, and finances to the development of MSI, has a strong interest in the continued growth of MSI, and desires to maintain the high standards upon which MSI was founded, MSI is and shall perpetually be held by the founder as a sole proprietorship until such time that the founder changes the legal business type.

As a sole proprietorship, Mr. Wells simply adds the income to his own 1040 at the end of the tax year. Additionally, this means when Mr. Wells ceases to exist (either in life or in this capacity) so too does any "certification" that he may have awarded or sold to anyone.

Nick, I know and appreciate your desire for rapid implementation, but would you agree that it would be prudent to suspend any more promotion until this matter has been thoroughly looked into?

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: gwells

Chuck,

Chapter presidents and other chapter officers work very hard to make NACHI a successful and worthwhile organization. I have worked closely with several of them. I've seen what they have accomplished and continue to accomplish. They work hard because they believe in what they are doing. They don't ask for anything in return. Not one has ever asked for any special consideration because of their position or their work. They mostly go unrecognized for the efforts that they put into their chapters. It doesn't all happen at the top, Chuck. Most of what makes NACHI what it is is the work done at the grass roots level.

It is unfortunate that you choose to sit on the sidelines and criticize a company for recognizing the work of those who are the backbone of NACHI.

We have an agreement with our distributors that prevents us from selling any of our software below dealer cost. Other than that agreement, I am free to set the price at anything I want, at any time I want. I own the company. I can sell the software at below distributor cost if I am willing to compensate any distributor who may have lost a sale as a result of the discount.

After reading this thread I have realized that some NACHI members not only do not recognize the work of the chapter officers, but apparently have contempt for them and their work. That is sad. It is truly a sad commentary on, and evidence of, the pettiness that NACHI members are capable of. I guess people are alike all over.

I have lowered the cost of our flagship software, XL Pro, to below distributor cost. I, not the company, will personally compensate the distributors for their losses. Not only that, I am going to give copies to some of the officers whom I have seen put up with the petty political crap that they sometimes have to put up with, such as in this thread. Again, I will personally compensate any distributor who asks to be compensated for loss of sales.

I will continue to support the NACHI volunteers with or without your approval Chuck.

--
George

Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Clearview-Services-MSI

Originally Posted By: gwells

James,

The charter that is posted on the MSI web site is out of date. MSI is no longer a sole proprietorship, nor has it been for some time. It is now owned by Clearview Services Corporation and ownership is being transferred to MSI International, Inc.

The charter remains on the site to provide historical perspective as much as anything else. It is very likely that the charter will be abrogated under MSI International. That, however, remains to be seen. That decision will be made by the board of directors.

--
George

Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Clearview-Services-MSI