Builders Just Don't Get It

In a hurry to flood the market with even more empty houses, builders look for incentives for new home buyers.

I live in the midwest where these confidence numbers are at their lowest. Here, builders know that these two and three story homes that are sitting vacant and half built have as much to do with the “Baby Boomers” downsizing into smaller units as it does the slow market.

We are already years from bottoming out of this tail spin…the builders would turn that into decades if their lobbyists had their way.

They are giving a whole new meaning too “Ghost Towns”

Thanks a lot Harry Paulson and G.W. Bush. Now every maligned industry expects multi-billion dollar handouts to shield them from the consequences of their boneheaded business practices. :roll:

Where is my bail-out? We are affected by the chicanery that happened with the invester banks. Our business is directly affected by home sales. If the builders get a break, we need one to. Editorial.

Once again Bush gets all the blame. And Congress is not included in this?
Oh, that’s right, we don’t want to blame a Congress that is comprised of a
majority of Democrats now, do we?

I would remind you that it was predominantly the Democratic congress that foisted this junk on us albeit with the willing participation of and at the behest Bush and Paulson.

Senate

House

I will remind you all that the politicians of all parties are dancing at the end of the strings to the tunes played by the lobbies that fund their campaigns…and other expenses. When Wall Street cashed in all of its IOU’s, congressmen of both parties had no choice but to ignore the emails, phone calls and telegrams of their constituents and write the a trillion dollar check.

The more things change the more they remain the same.

Look for them to find someway to make a bailout out of the big three palatable to the American public so they “save” all those union jobs.

Highlighting that the DemocRATS were tripping over themselves to jump on board with this idea simply reinforces how abhorrently communist this bailout scam is. It doesn’t distract from the fact that these two ultra-NeoCons presented and hard-sold it, nor does it minimize their blame for the mess that it created.

Who came up with this “brilliant” idea and then proceeded to shove it down our throats as absolutely necessary?

Oh, that’s right, you Republicans blame EVERYTHING wrong in politics on the DemocRATS while burying your heads in the sand whenever Repugnantcan roaches are exposed. :roll:

It is BOTH parties that are to blame, not just Bush as you claimed. The Dems did NOT have to vote for anything they didn’t want, as they are in the majority. Wow, if as you say, Bush SHOVED it down their throats, I guess I can liken the Dems to lemmings, willlingly following others off the cliff.

This was from the Senate hearing today:

During the House hearing Wednesday, Rep. Brad Sherman, D-Calif., asked the three auto chiefs seated at the witness table before him to raise their hands if they had come to Washington on commercial airliners. No hands went up. Then he asked if any planned to sell their corporate jets. Again, no hands went up.
Sherman and Rep. Gary Ackerman, D-N.Y., told the auto executives they were having a hard time justifying to their constituents bailing out companies whose chiefs fly around in expensive private jets. Ackerman said there was “a delicious irony in seeing private jets flying into Washington D.C. and people coming off them with tin cups in their hands.”

If I didn’t know what the story was about, I could have sworn it was talking about our beloved Congressmen and women. :slight_smile:

Toyota and GM decided to have a canoe race on the Missouri River. Both teams practiced long and hard to reach their peak performance before the race. BUT on the big day, the Japanese won by a mile.

The Americans, very discouraged and depressed, decided to investigate the reason for the crushing defeat. A management team made up of senior management was formed to investigate and recommend appropriate action. Their conclusion was the Japanese had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, while the American team had 8 people steering and 1 person rowing.
So American management hired a consulting company referred to them by the US Government and paid them a large amount of money for a second opinion. The consultants advised that too many people were steering the boat, while not enough people were rowing. To prevent another loss to the Japanese, the rowing team’s management structure was totally reorganized into 3 steering supervisors, 1 area steering superintendents, 1 publicity manager, 1 HR diversity coordinator, 1 union rep, and a rower. They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 1 person rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder. It was called the “Rowing Team Quality First Program”, with a lunch and a free company pen for the rower. There was discussion of getting new paddles, canoes, and other equipment, extra vacation days for practices and performance-tied bonuses but that decision was held up in committee.
BUT the next year the Japanese won by two miles. Humiliated, the American management laid off the rower for poor performance, halted development of a new canoe, sold the paddles, and canceled all capital investments for new equipment. The money from all sales and all forecasted moneys saved from further competition was distributed to the Senior Executives as bonuses and the next year’s racing team was out-sourced to India.

The End. – Henry --------------- www.henrymakow.com

Could all of this talk about bail-outs, auto exec hearings, be a front for something else? A conspiracy? Is it actually real? Was the money even paid out? Were is it? Where are the trucks hauling it? Could it actually be one last harahhh for Hallaburtin? Bush? I trully believe there is something else behind all of this. Obama does not know what he is getting into. Neither do we. Did we actually land a space craft on the moon? Does Nick still have that coconut? What is there to actually believe? Where is the proof?
Stuff movies are made of, and most of those are fiction.

Yep
You betcha
Is Joe Lieberman a Democrat.
Heck No
The first dog Barney is using it as bedding in his dog palace.
To bury it in Cheney’s back yard.
Yes but they will be back when a Republican is in the white house again.
Yes but he is too stupid to realize it.
No way, the flag waves on the moon in the supposed live footage. Impossible in a vacuum.
Ya, it is at NACHI TV studio under the electrical wall of defects display.
Your mother loves you.
She did not drown you in the bath tub.

How did I do answering all the questions. How many did I get right?

The Dems weren’t being lemmings, they were being themselves. Its their passion is to make Americans as dependent as possible on Big Brother so that they can strong-arm us into their liberal social engineering agendas. You know all the Dems are creaming in their pants thinking about how they will be able to force Detriot to make “green” cars with grossly overpaid union labor, force banks to meet more of their quotas, …, …, … when they control both houses and the Oval Offices next year. :twisted: