All California Inspectors -
What do you think about legislation to regulate home inspectors? This is assuming we write the legislation to protect our interests and minimize the influence of Realtors in the process.
Specific goals would be to
- establish a threshold based on Nachi like standards for membership that California Inspectors must adhere to
- a law to limit the ability of Realtors to influence/control who gets this business.
- limit competition from “inspectors” that are not qualified (to be defined) - one of the problems we have is that anyone can be an inspector and that keeps prices artificially lower
Items that the legislation should not do…
- create another government agency that will increase taxes
- another board to hassle home inspectors
*]should not drain funds from the general fund (but be self funded by registered inspectors)
Let’s discuss this and anyone who wants to participate in this process, let me know. I am very interested in making this happen. I just don’t know how to get started.