Citizens Reinspections and Retail Inspections

Wait till you see the downward pressure all this will have on regular home inspection prices.

Joe, you have been telling that gloom and doom story for almost three years now. My prices haven’t dropped, in fact, time for another price increase this January.

Good luck with that… I’m normally early, it was me telling about the great housing crash months before everyone else, just hang in there, you’ll see. :smiley:

My price has not changed for wind mits since MSFH ended, my home inspections prices are going up again.

Insurance agents generally will work with the local guy. They work with the company they know. They want consistency not a different guy each time.

Do them correctly and you, or your agent should not fear re-inspections. I am waiting to see how this plays out.

It isn’t the re-inspections that are feared, it is the no inspections!

Right. Being reinspected is no concern at all if, like Jay said, you do your Wind Mits correctly. The concern is that many policyholders are steered towards an inspector by their agent. Agents hate reinspections. If an inspector can practically guarantee no reinspections, that’s an advantage over those who can’t (all else being equal). But like John implied (I think)…the better your relationship with your agents the less this change in January should affect you.

It won’t affect me at all as these inspections are not my bread and butter. The whole purpose of the pictures was to back up what was found at the inspection. If all the pictures are there, then there should be no need for a re-inspection.

As Citizens and Mueller monitor this board, here is a warning gentlemen, when you come to do my wind mit, you had better get all of the pictures and fill the form out properly. I already have and I did it with a freshly operated on shoulder. If I can get where I need to get to get the pictures, so should any able bodied inspector.

I assure you, if your report differs from mine, you will both be sued as well as the individual performing the inspection. The suit is already drafted, it will be just a matter of filling out the name of the inspector.

Those percocets kicking ?

You sound as ballsey as me.

I hope they don’t have anyone like you in their pocket. Lawsuits can be costly.

Nah, the percocets and vicodon have been used up. Non-effective. We are on to Soma.
But I am dead serious about the above. I have several improper reports from these entities, and if need be, I am sure, some will be sent to me voluntarily.
Merry Christmas and get back on your feet!

To think that these inspections do not affect you is a mistake in my opinion. If you do not believe me ask my competition. I took market share form my competition because they did not do them. We do lots of wind mits and get lots of home inspection referrals because of them. Each business card we hand out is marketing we are paid to do.
Think of it like this, the plumber who refuses the service call because it sucks does not get the remodel job.

I hope you are doing better than me. Yesterday was the surgery they pushed it back a day do to getting a OR.

Last night was pure hell.

I made the mistake of hopping to the restroom and paid the price from about 2:00 am on.

I’ve never had this type of operation and wish the Dr. Would have told me a little more of what to expect.

I had a fever almost to 103 around 9:30pm to 10:30pm and I noticed that 1 hr AFTER taking a few Tylenol. Luckily being a Dad of an almost 7 year old I learned how you can stagger Tylenol and Advil to help get constant control a fever.

Tried to contact the Dr. from the number on his fancy card and it just said office was closed and if you were a Dr. my wife said you could hit #1"who knows what that would have done. I just wanted to ask about the fever.

Doing OK now about 20 mg of oxy an hour ago also just starter antibiotic and anti-inflammatory.

I thought it would be more bone type pain but it is the staples “I think that are killing me” it feels like by skin in burning or ripping.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Have fun with the little one.

It will be interesting to see how this can work first as already stated . most agents will want to deal with the local guy. It is also hard to get direct contact with the inspector when dealing with 1 of those larger companies if there is a question. After all the bad publicity with the re inspections most homeowners may not want an inspector from these 3 companies. I am also very surprised that 1 of these companies is still on the list with all of the problems they have had paying inspectors. We did 1 retail inspection for 1 of these companies, only got 40% of the fee charged and it took us 3 months to collect that money. Also most people dont know who their insurance provider is when booking a home inspection and only want to deal with one inspector.

So if we are not listed with “Inspection Depot, Muller, Quality built” we may be producing worthless wind mitigation reports for our clients even if you had all the recent CE training in wind mitigation? It seems like we will be pissing off clients by selling inspections that won’t be honored by the underwriter and the client having to shell out more money for one of the “approved vendor” inspectors. I guess I need to be prepared for these calls going forward.

Not if you do them right. It is the exact opposite in my office. They call because someone else screwed-up an 1802 and want to know how-to fix it. The preferred vendor system will go nowhere unless the laws change.

Exactly what John said. Do the inspection properly, get all the documentation available, put everything together in an easy to read report with clear pictures, and there should be no problem. Should being the operative word! :mrgreen:

Even still I believe Citizens will be conducting random re-inspections to double check on everyone not in the system. Once this happens one time and pisses off your client, they go yelling to your agent… it will hurt you. Even if you did everything right and your clients rate stays the same, they still are angry about having to waste their time away from work.

I’m sorry and a little slow lately due to my pain condition maybe I missed it but what do you mean by the above quote.

The preferred vendor system will not work well unless they are the best game in town. All of the agents I asked said they would never use one, the inspectors make more mistakes and care less. As long as the law allows the listed licenses to do the inspections agent will refer to the inspector that does it right and gives great customer service. When there is a questions about an 1802, call my office and you get an intelligent answer in minuets, call one of the preferred vendors and you get the run-around. If I thought it would work I would start with “Nachi Management” again.:mrgreen:

Thanks for splaing it to me :slight_smile:

Happy new year.

I do agree that they are more inaccurate and never seem to really care. I cannot understand why the same idiots keep getting the perks.

I guess it is all about who gets greased :frowning: