CMI update: Inspection industry leader becomes President of the MICB.

[/size][/FONT]

I have developed tiered inspections, not inspectors. I have never offered competitive pricing by offering a substandard inspector.

If I was calling for a service and someone said that to me, I would look elsewhere.

Well said, Michael, and congrats on your new position!

Now, can all of us CMIs get discounts on Guinness? I know how dearly you regard the dark brews . . .

Dale, neither a junior associate nor a partner in the same law firm are as you say “substandard,” both are licensed to practice law, but they sure as heck don’t charge the same hourly rate.

And anyone in their right mind wouldn’t pick the junior associate if that question was asked, so instead, if the price of a seasoned inspector was not in their budget, I offer different types of inspections for these callers.

Making a statement regarding we can send a more experienced inspector for more money, to me, sounds like, if you Don’t pick him, you might get less.

I don’t like that type of salesmanship personally.

Dale,

Thanks for your clarification. I guess I was just reading more into your comments than was there.
It sounded to me like you were diminishing the CMI program. I do think it is a little early to be kicking a program that I think will grow and elevate the entire industry.
It will take time of coarse, but I look at it as more of a personal accomplishment rather than a money making tool, right now.
As the LOGO/Designation permeates the Real Estate Industry, it will pay off.

What we need to be doing is selling, jumping on the band wagon, Rah Rah, the program. No instant gratification, just steady marketing and growth.

That’s my opinion

Well then, I guess we need to add the new position to his Bio before you guys come to Wisconsin!

http://www.yatoula.com/gif/smiles/smiley_389.gif

It looks to me like we Have two types
of people on this site . Those who are a CMI.
And those who wonder why a person would have a CMI.
Those who are a CMI seem satisfied .
Those who are not a CMI wonder why those who are A CMI are satisfied .
It look like those who have a CMI are wondering why those who do not have a CMI are so confused about why You have a CMI and I do not need a CMI.
It seems confusing why some have a CMI and are confused why those who do not have a CMI are so Confused about how you seem happy that I have a CMI and I am happy I do not have a CMI.
I am now so confused on if a person who has a CMI is Not confused about those who do not have a CMI.

I Give up I am so Confused .

Dale, are inspectors in licensed states, where all of them are equally licensed, all equal?

NO there are 3 types. The 3rd being those of us who can’t figure out what you just said. BTW, Who’s on first? Yes?

Nick

I would love to know more about this concept.I used it recently [unknowingly] with a Mold Inspection I did.

Licenses are just $310.00 the state collects to make sure everyone is insured, handles complaints through the appropriate channels, and sets a minimum standard for inspections, I don’t have anything against licenses.

What makes a company unequal to others is offering numerous types of inspections, a chimpanzee can inspect a slab on grade home covered with stucco here. Paying for your other logo wouldn’t bring in anymore revenue in my opinion inspecting homes, it doesn’t take a master of anything to do it.

Now if you put other types of inspections in the picture, the logo might work here, that is why I asked in the first place, if it seemed to make a difference to anyone who had it on their website.

I know it hasn’t been around long, so only time can tell, we’ll see I guess.

Mario,

Read Joe M’s post, it makes the most sense of any of them.

It doesn’t take a brochure to perform a good inspection, but you have one of those, no?

It doesn’t take a website to perform a good inspection, but you have one of those, no?

Why?

I know the answer by the way.

Dale

Post 28 or 31?

Dale, another question I know the answer to:

Why have close to a million fully licensed real estate agents gone out an earned professional designations?

http://www.texasbest.com/DMP/designations.html

A lot of “certifieds” in there, huh? http://www.texasbest.com/DMP/designations.html

I don’t have anything except the package Aimee sent (thanks), people like the coupons, we’ve handed out over two hundred in the last couple weeks in apartment condo conversions I have a couple of men inspecting for me, other than that no brochures, I don’t like them.

Three, they make the phone ring day in, and day out.

Because people shop through the internet, brochures at realaster offices are worthless in my opinion. (here anyway), and I don’t court realtors.

Everyone has an opinion, lets hear yours.

It just so happens that the one profession that is obsessed with professional designations that include the word “certified” in them http://www.texasbest.com/DMP/designations.html is ALSO the one profession that recommends more home inspectors than any other by far.

Has the little bell in your head rung yet?

I perform one kind of inspection. A Home Inspection. I offer radon testing but sub it out.

Put yourself in the consumers shoes. If you are looking for a mechanic do you want one who is Certified, or better yet, a Board Certified Master Mechanic. Or would you choose one who is not certified in any way & will service your $45k vehicle under his carport with jack stands.

Not to say he is not an excellent mechanic, but how he is perceived by the public will determine the amont of business he will capture.

I have no doubts that the CMI does help me. I am staying quite busy while I hear of other inspectors in the area are going out of business.

The CMI designation is but one small piece of ammo of many that I use to place myself above the rest.

Joes posts are all good Mario…:smiley: