Commercial/multi-family loan originations way up.

Third quarter 2011 commercial and multi-family mortgage loan originations were 98% higher than during the same period last year and 10% higher than the second quarter of 2011, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association’s (MBA) Quarterly Survey of Commercial/Multifamily Mortgage Bankers Originations. When compared to the third quarter of 2010, the increase included a 406% increase in loans for hotel properties, a 164% increase in loans for retail properties, a 103% increase in loans for office properties, a 39% increase in loans for multifamily properties.

I’ve got my 3rd commercial inspection in the past 4 weeks scheduled for Monday. All of them have been investors purchasing shopping centers that are around 3 years old and going into foreclosure. Nice work, good pay.

Commercial Inspection.JPG

I am getting busier with the same, Linus. I’ve had 3 Dollar Generals in last month alone. All properties no more than five years old.

What kind of sf pricing are you getting in your area? Probably lower here at about 0.125/sf.

If I quote them for .020/ft I won’t get it, I get beat out of the job. For my regulars that give me 1 or 2 jobs a month, I work out a deal.(close to your pricing) The buildings are newer and go pretty fast, 4-5 hours on site max for a 20k s.f. building.

No doubt - I have done over 25 commercial inspections in the past 2 months.