"Deck Inspections" Course

(Samuel L. Kingery) #21

This was the course i have liked the most. I don't know if it was just the images and illustrations or what. But I found it easy to follow, kept my attention and retained enough info to get a score of 100. Now if I can only get through the plumbing course.

(Benson B. Kelterborn) #22

The Handrail section in the Stairs portion of the Deck Inspection Course has a somewhat confusing/conflicting image and statement. The image shows a statement; " 5' maximum distance between posts" and the statement under the image states; " The image above depicts the minimum distance between stair handrail posts. Stair handrails should have posts at least every 5 feet." Is it just me or is there a misprint?

(Ben J. Gromicko) #23

[quote="bkelterborn, post:22, topic:61627"]

The Handrail section in the Stairs portion of the Deck Inspection Course has a somewhat confusing/conflicting image and statement. The image shows a statement; " 5' maximum distance between posts" and the statement under the image states; " The image above depicts the minimum distance between stair handrail posts. Stair handrails should have posts at least every 5 feet." Is it just me or is there a misprint?
[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It was confusing. We edited the comments below the illustration.
http://education.nachi.org/show.php?element_id=1450&course_id=61

(William Li) #24

one more to go!

(Steven Kniffen) #25

The picture showing the 7-foot rule is a little confusing to me. Should the base of the footer also be 7 feet vertically from "daylight"? The picture shows it 7 feet horizontally but it only appears to be 4-5 feet vertically.

(Geoff Brady, #13091403) #26

starting now

(Nicholas S. DeMars) #27

Beginning the course on Deck Inspection. All of the course materials have been good, so far. Looking forward to gaining more knowledge.

(Jeffry J. Gallant) #28

Just finished it! My fourth course since joining couple days ago.

(Bruce A. Nemanic) #29

i hope you know what is correct? only a problem with a word that needed fix'in

(Regina L. Strickland) #30

Ready :)

(Henedina Jessop) #31

Thank you for all the illustrations! That was the best course for me so far due to the illustrations.

(Nick Gromicko, CMI) #32

Thanks.

(Jason E. Haggard) #33

starting deck inspector course

(John Vesey) #34

Starting this one now!!!

(Allan Tjepkema) #35

ready to go

(Anthony L. Doud) #36

Starting Now!:cool:

(Regina L. Strickland) #37

Starting.

(Mackey R. Migel) #38

Decks....do you inspect them along with the house? Do you charge extra?

(Ben J. Gromicko) #39

[quote="mmigel, post:38, topic:61627"]

Decks....do you inspect them along with the house? Do you charge extra?
[/QUOTE]

Inspecting decks is required by the Standards of Practice. Visit http://www.nachi.org/sop.htm#exterior

(John Fitzsimons) #40

Another Good Course,
Thanks!