"Deck Inspections" Course

This was the course i have liked the most. I don’t know if it was just the images and illustrations or what. But I found it easy to follow, kept my attention and retained enough info to get a score of 100. Now if I can only get through the plumbing course.

The Handrail section in the Stairs portion of the Deck Inspection Course has a somewhat confusing/conflicting image and statement. The image shows a statement; " 5’ maximum distance between posts" and the statement under the image states; " The image above depicts the minimum distance between stair handrail posts. Stair handrails should have posts at least every 5 feet." Is it just me or is there a misprint?

Agreed. It was confusing. We edited the comments below the illustration.

one more to go!

The picture showing the 7-foot rule is a little confusing to me. Should the base of the footer also be 7 feet vertically from “daylight”? The picture shows it 7 feet horizontally but it only appears to be 4-5 feet vertically.

starting now

Beginning the course on Deck Inspection. All of the course materials have been good, so far. Looking forward to gaining more knowledge.

Just finished it! My fourth course since joining couple days ago.

i hope you know what is correct? only a problem with a word that needed fix’in

Ready :slight_smile:

Thank you for all the illustrations! That was the best course for me so far due to the illustrations.

Thanks.

starting deck inspector course

Starting this one now!!!

ready to go

Starting Now!:cool:

Starting.

Decks…do you inspect them along with the house? Do you charge extra?

Inspecting decks is required by the Standards of Practice. Visit Home Inspection Standards of Practice - InterNACHI®

Another Good Course,
Thanks!