Direct Vent Fireplace Limitations Narrative

Do you guys have a narrative for a Direct Vent Fireplace limitations? I was thinking of something like this, its my first cut at the narrative and looking for input. Reason I’m asking is my customer was disappointed that I would not remove the sealed glass and inspect the inside burner and log set.

“Fireplace was a closed combustion direct vent type that has a factory sealed glass panel preventing access to the interior fire box and components. The interior can not be inspected without breaking the seal and removing the glass front. This is outside the scope of the inspection. As such, I was not able to inspect the inside of the unit. Recommend asking home owner for maintenance and service history. It may be prudent to have examined by a qualified fireplace contractor before use.”

For Insurance reasons it may need to be checked by a NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) Certified Fireplace and Chimney Inspector and logging of all maintenance should be provided by the Contractor or Installer.

Says who?

It may need. I did not say has to be!
http://www.reliantinvestigations.net/fireplace_chimney.html

So are you talking out you backside or do have something real to share?

Just posted it end of discussion!

And you may need this! I didn’t say you have to, but maybe!

So website selling inspection serves is your source?

YOU SAID INSURANCE :roll::roll:

It could be true but you have given exactly zero information.

Try harder.

You heard him Mike & Jeff - END OF DISCUSSION! The Wood has spoken :roll:

Ever notice how “The Wood” (thanks Jeff :mrgreen:) is always poo-pooing Americans and the U.S.A., but never has any issue using our websites as his source of reference? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think this applies to Mr. Wood

http://www.johnbaron.net/various/knotHead.jpg

I hope no one see this Michael you have** infuriated** enough people on my list.

I had a serious questions guys. 11 posts of nonsense. Your comments add no value and make a joke out of this message board. Please take you spat some where else. My gosh.

I don’t disclaim it. Nor do I disclaim the interior of a water heater. I inspect what’s visible and readily accessible, consistent with my PIA.

Personally, I would not disclaim individual appliances in this manner. I have a standard disclaimer in my PIA that says I do not dismantle appliances, which is what your previous client apparently expected.

I have to admit that I typically do not disclaim things like this, but sometimes I do it to quash a question or concern that I believe my client my have, usually by the questions they ask at the inspection. When you disclaim so much in a report, clients start thinking, “why the heck did I hire this guy, he doesn’t inspect anything”. Pretty much agree with what Joe F. and Jeff P. said.

Well KEVIN, if calling you on your obvious BS claims infuriates people I’ll live with it.

I agree that the report loose valve when there are uneccessary disclaimers especially when trying to cover your butt. I add them to support the discussion at the inspection like this one from time to time. It just people expect the unexpected at times and most don’t read the agreement, SOP, and what is written in my confirmation email. It gets so frustrating. I think it may be more of a matter of talking with the customer to understand the expectation. Which I always can do better at.