Do Raceways create heat.

In that case a section of pipe insulation would make it compliant.

(b) Foreign Systems. The area above the dedicated space required by 110.26(F)(1)(a) shall be permitted to contain foreign systems, provided protection is installed to avoid damage to the electrical equipment from condensation, leaks, or breaks in such foreign systems.

That would be an Aluminum SER cable, you’ll probably be seeing more of them now with the price of copper being so high.

How about Aluminum house wiring again .
That should get the attention of the insurance companies.
…Cookie

Actually all we can get here is AL SE cable and URD. It’s all that is used and has been for a very long time.

On LI everything is CU due to the salt air environment. When I moved up here over 17 years ago I did not know AL SE cable existed. Since then it’s all I see.

That is what I had feeding my two 100 amp panels in my duplex in 1970, and the house is still there I believe.

It was 2/0 AL from the service disconnect to the sub-panel. Ran loose in the attic for about 35 ft…

Marcel :slight_smile:

Well, I thought it was quite easy. I simply starting pushing buttons on my keyboard like I’m doing now.

David, you need to refrain from pressing the wrong buttons on that keyboard.
It is showing up as not allowed.

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

I was just being a wise as$ on my last statement.

When I stated bundled, I literally meant to say “BUNDLED” or tie wrapped into a bundle. Not running through bored holes in floor joists as you stated.

So when I seen more than 9 CCC’s in a bundled situation, I made the right call in getting an Electrician to correct the installation? Ya?

I think I may have been misread a bit.
In post #10 I did say I agreed that the situation in your example in post #9 was certainly bundling. The comment about bored holes was just for comparison.

The reason I questioned the “not allowed” statement was because you made an across the board “not allowed” statement, which is really not the case.

I made that statement because I know for a fact that only two CCC’s are allowed under one staple… No More than two. So I took this into consideration when posting and simply wasn’t using my noggin. I’m sorry that I’m not as perfect as you are.

I still didn’t get an answer.

Well, first off you are assuming I have some sort of attitude in this thread. I do not. I tried to make that clear earlier.
No, I am not perfect. I am just trying to clear up any misconceptions and misinformation I see.

And I hate to break it to you but you certainly are allowed more than two cables under one staple…IF the staple is rated for it. These staples do exist.
There is no code restriction if that’s what you mean.

An answer to what? Post #9? I thought I did that in #10.

As far as CCCs go, a 2-wire cable has two. A 3-wire cable also has only two if it is being used as a homerun or multi-wire branch circuit cable. There is an exception to exclude the neutral when it only carries the current imbalance.

lol…ok you two…I’m Perfect…now that settles that (not really…im far from perfect my wife informed me )

Just to get a laugh…What was your wife referencing to?

Well…honestly depending on what day it is…the reasons change…lol…

She cited THIS time my lack of ability to miss a mountain with my motorcycle…oh that hurt.

But most of the time she lets me know…is the minute i disagree with her…

Maybe if it was more than a minute. :mrgreen: sorry for the edit.