Double lugging neutrals?

It’s amateur handymen like you that help keep us employed. For that I’d like to say thank you.

2 Likes

I guess you never read the label or a code book or were never taught the correct way to wire a panel.

The confusion behind double tapping neutral circuit conductors bus hole stems from ‘the fact that’ it wasn’t until 2002 that the NEC accepted a change to the code regarding double tapped/tapping neutrals.
Just to be clear.

Not sure where you’ve wired these hundreds or thousands of panels but if they’re in a location where they’re actually inspected based on the NEC then every one of them would fail. The guy who said this “I’ve double lugged every panel I’ve ever done” shouldn’t be calling any of us morons. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Parks cousin from Ohio is here :slight_smile:

That’s funny.
A non member should be banned for calling members morons.

" 408.41 Grounded Conductor Terminations. Each grounded conductor shall terminate within the panelboard in an individual terminal that is not also used for another conductor."

Now who’s is the moron …moron?

1 Like

Robert, it was in the listing requirements well before a direct cite in the NEC. Before that it was covered indirectly by Article 110 that states equipment shall be used as listed.