Drive -By Inspections

I was contacted today by W-M Realty Services of Colorado today to due two drive-by Inspections in nearby towns.

Sent a Property Inspection Form the was headed from U.S. Property & Appraisal Services Corp…

Access to their Web site for Order directions failed and the Rte. address on one of them did not exist in Maine.

Being in remote areas of the State, it is conceivalbe that the driveway might be 1/4 mile long and the property might not be visible from the street.

How exactly do you inspect a drive-by to answer the listed 24 items that they request. I can’t imagine, that you drive right up to the property and roam around the dwelling without the owners permission.

Would appreciate any input on this, since I have never done this before and a little skeptical about the whole thing. I know I will not get rich on this deal. ha. ha.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can add light to this subject.

Thanks,

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Can you call the realty company Marcell?

Slow pay no pay outfit, had to call them once to remind them to pay, second time I did not even bother to collect, just considered it a lesson learned, they seem real professional on the phone, but they wanted me to drive a long way for $8, then to have to remind them to pay me, not worth it. Some outfits can give you 30-40 drive bys in a area, i could make $200-250 in 3-4 hrs, that was when gas was 1/2 of what it is now.

Thanks guys, and yes, I will call them tomorrow and have already e-mailed them of the address error.

Question: Exactly what do you inspect and how? From the road with binoculars and report what little you see or tresspass and go up the drive way?

Thanks.:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Marcel

I have never done a drive by inspection Marcell. I do a lot of construction draw inspections where I walk the construction site and take photos. On occasion I do not enter the property and take pictures from the fence/property line.

Thanks Brian;

I guess my next question would be, what is the difference between a draw inspection and a drive-by, or are they the same?

Thanks;

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Typical drive by I have done is if property is vacant, and if it is are there any major damages or problems, such as vandalism, broken windows, property vacant and not secured, etc…, never have done one outside the city, normally these are no contact with homeowner deals, sometimes properties are occupied and homeowners are irate as they see you as a employee of the bank (who is going to repo house soon). Some drive-bys are for insurance companys to verify if new roof, siding, etc… has been installed so contractor can get paid, not sure what type yours are without seeing form, most of these you just check off the items on form and add comments where appropriate.

Thanks Eric, that helps.

Marcel