Drones for use on roof inspections

Trying to figure out best options for future drone purchase. Primary use will be roof inspections, but also interested in IR capabilities. Would this be 1 camera does both or 2 separate cameras. Looked At Typhone H drone because of 6 prop option as more stable and safer. Also wondering about picture stability technology. Does anyone have any thoughts from personal experience.

Thanks

2 Likes

Welcome to our forum, Mark!..Have fun and share! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks, theses drones can be pretty expensive. Do not want to make a bad purchase

1 Like

It’s on my short list. Made in the USA.

3 Likes

IR and Drone … 2 separate items

I fly a Typhoon-H but use it for taking pictures only, I’m pretty sure you’d need to install a different camera if you wanted to do IR.

As Dan mentioned above, 2 separate items.

1 Like

Thanks. How do you like the typhone. Is it easy to fly. What camera are you using and do you like the video and picture quality

I’ve been flying it for 5 years and it’s easy to fly, I like the fact that it has it’s own controller so I’m not having to use my phone to control it.

It takes great pictures and video although I don’t have any use for the video part for inspection purposes.

2 Likes

Thanks. Appreciate your thoughts. I have been leaning toward the Typhone so the fact that you like it helps

Hello, I am Michelle. I’m new and first class is about roofs. I definitely, would love to utilize drones for roof inspections. Am I to understand I must get a drone certification? video/photo for hire? Something like that… and does InterNACHI provide such course?

Thank you

A Parrot Anafi Thermal is about the cheapest you can go with IR and a camera bundle that works good. They run about 1900. The DJI Mavic enterprise is the same but better quality running at about 3k. The next 2 options is the Anafi USA its about 7 and the Autel Evo 2 enterprise is about 10k. They all have the ability to switch between thermal images and regular images. I dont have any of them but to start out with at my budget the Anafi thermal is my first choice.

2 Likes

Yes Michell, you need an FAA license to fly a drone for commercial use.

2 Likes

Good information.

2 Likes

Yes, Michelle, as Kevin pointed out, you need the FAA license for commercial use.

And, Welcome to our forum!..Enjoy and participate…the water is fine, most of the time. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I used to promote the Mavic Mini as a good inspection drone. But the last 4 inspections I needed it on, the app on my phone and the controller would not connect to the aircraft. Tried everything, killing programs, restarting phone, restarting controller, changing start-up sequence, moving locations, etc. On all 4 of these, when I tried to duplicate the issue at home, it worked fine. All DJI can tell me is to try re-installing, restarting, updating, etc. I’ve had about enough of it. Maybe the Typhoon-H would make a good replacement? Any connection issues?

2 Likes

I’ve had a couple times where I had to re-boot the controller because either the the drone or the camera failed to connect, but a simple re-boot fixed it and it’s only happened a few times in 5 years.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!!