E&O Insurance yet again

Originally Posted By: Ron Dawes
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

As a new inspector in Texas, I’ve been researching E&O insurance options and found the past posts on this board to be invaluable. I’ve talked to FREA and Allen so far as they seem to be the 2 most popular based on postings on these forums. However, I’m going into this with my son (also a new TX licensee) and FREA charges double for 2 inspectors and Allen says they don’t write coverage for Texas. Ouch and ouch.

So my question is, is there a good carrier that will cover 2 inspectors for less than 2 full policy charges and writes coveage in Texas? Thanks.

p.s. waiting for my NACHI membership to process thru....

Originally Posted By: mrichardson

Email Russel Ray. He uses a company that insures the inspection company, not the individual inspectors. Sorry, I can’t recal the name of his insurer.

Welcome to NACHI.

Mike

Originally Posted By: ccoombs

I have company coverage from Evanston Insurance Company. I use a broker who shopped around for me.

I found FREA's "one inspector" coverage outragously high. I believe Allen also had the same limitations, but I didn't get any prices from them.

The broker I used is PPIB. My contact is Marsha Bastian at 949-729-0777. I would guess that doing work in Texas isn't an option for her, but the company is a national. If she can't help you I'm sure she can give you a contact person who can.

Good luck!

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Here’s a list…

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: cbutler

as an FYI to everyone.

Evanston is available to agents that are appointed with them. The problem this year was that the rate went from around $3,000 to upwards of $12,000 - 14,000 per year (with no claims and no increase in revenue (inspections) nice huh?) It was their way of non-renewing the business and the ones that stayed paid to do it. Most came to FREA.

Sincerely,

Chris Butler

(Former) Director of Membership @ FREA

chris_butler32@yahoo.com