Electrical Bonding

I was watching the electrical wall video and as they began talking about when to bond neutral and ground, I understood it to be only in the panel at the first point of disconnect. When it was discussed later about a rural property with a meter base away from the home on a service pole or farm stand with a service discount they make it sound like you can still bond the neutral and ground at the first panel in the home with a main disconnect even though there is another point of disconnect before it. Now is it the first point of disconnect attached to the building or home structure? Please help clarify for me! Thank you!

The first point of disconnect should be closest to the meter. Not familiar with a farm service.

So if there is a meter and disconnect box outside on a telephone pole or side of the house there should be separate neutrals and grounds inside the home.

I will try and explain this, first it depends if you have a 3 wire ( 2 hots and a neutral/ground) or a 4 wire ( 2 hots, a neutral, and a separate ground). Now the fact that you have a meter on a pole is one point (not necessarily a disconnect) and because the panel is on a separate building the service would be wired just like you do if you are putting service to a detached garage. Grounds, neutral and grounding rod in ground are needed. The key here is the fact that the meter is not attached to the structure with the rest of the electrical systems. You see in a 3 wire system, grounds and neutrals are always connected together and any panels are bonded to that system. In a 4 wire system the grounds and neutrals are together at the first point of disconnect per building and isolated after that and grounds are bonded. Ground rod or similar means is needed at the first point of disconnect. Hope I helped, if not maybe someone else can pipe in here and explain it better.