FL #'s

Originally Posted By: jhagarty
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

jbushart wrote:
jhagarty wrote:

Care to post the Copyright?

....I am not at liberty to post or detail.

Not at Liberty because it Does Not Exist?

If the Existence is Valid, it should be Posted.

Correct?

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: jmertins

jeffghooper wrote:
John,

You know I am not a lay down kind of guy.

Try Claude M. at NAHI. He is a stand up guy. He will not lower himself to this crap, he is much better than that. He is in the Tamps area. Or try Jim N. the President of HIAF. He to is a stand up guy.

Some lead by example. Some by action. I do things a little different, as you know.

But why as president of the org. don't you feel you have a responsibilty to represent the org. in the best way possible? Do you think other members want the president acting this way. I may and most likely will join FABI, that is if I get approved, pass the test, etc,etc. I someday will most likely will meet you, shake hands, and maybe have some surface chatter...and all the while I will be thinking of all the nonsense that has been put on this board. Is this the type of PR FABI wants out there? Honestly? Has this crossed your mind at all? Not meant to ridicule you...just wondering.

--
John Mertins

Baxter Home Inspections, Inc.

"Greatness courts failure"

Roy "Tin Cup" McAvoy

Originally Posted By: jbushart

jhagarty wrote:
jbushart wrote:
jhagarty wrote:

Care to post the Copyright?

....I am not at liberty to post or detail.

Not at Liberty because it Does Not Exist?

Correct?

I do not have the copyright to post. I have communication that informs me that it is copyrighted and I do not have the author's permission to post it, Joe. You should understand that.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

The silence is deafening. icon_wink.gif

What say ye to that, Hooper.

--

www.monachi.org

jhagarty wrote:

Correct?

--
Joseph Hagarty

jhagarty wrote:
Jim:

Simple Question.

jhagarty wrote:

Correct?

Correct, but by the holder of the copyright. Not by me.

--

www.monachi.org

Thank You. icon_biggrin.gif

Joseph Hagarty

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

If you can’t post it, maybe you shouldn’t have said it. icon_wink.gif

[quote=“jbushart”]. icon_wink.gif

What say ye to that, quote]

Interesting post, indeed.

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

23 new members.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

bkelly1 wrote:

jbushart wrote:
This might explain:

Once upon a time, there was a group of Florida building inspectors who made a living doing code inspections of commercial properties. Some of them were engineers while others held other credentials, but they were all building inspectors.

One day, they decided that they would form an association and they named their association after themselves. It was called the Florida Association of Building Inspectors.

As time went on, these building inspectors noticed that another market and profession had developed for private residential buildings, called home inspections. Home inspectors were making quite a bit of money and the building inspectors looked upon this new market with envy.

"I'd like to have that kind of steady work too" they said to each other "but at our higher commercial prices." So they set out to do exactly that.

First, they opened the doors to their association to some of the home inspectors who were able to pass an entrance exam that they created. The small group of home inspectors who joined the association formed by the building inspectors considered themselves to be credentialed as well, striclty by association. Then, with this small number of home inspectors on board, they pretended to be a home inspector association instead of a building inspector association.

Now, since many of them were technical in their backgrounds, they needed to invent the concept that ALL of their "fellow home inspectors" needed to have the same background so that they could all tap into this new market at the commercially higher rate. They spread out to various message boards, preaching the need to become proficient at knowing the various national and international building codes in order to accomplish a basic home inspection. They tallied the number of years that their average member had been in business and preached that, in order to do a basic home inspection, an inspector must match that level of experience. Aside from their own members and a handful of followers, not too many other people bought into their plan.

"I have an idea," said one. "Let's pretend that this is all in the interest of the consumer's welfare instead of our own greed." He discussed it with the others and soon they were all on board. "In the interest of the consumer, these measures need to be made the standard and to do so, they need to become law." And thus, it became a chartered standard that all members of this association were required to support the need for a law.

Meanwhile, consumers continued to choose the home inspectors who charged reasonable fees instead of the building inspectors. This infuriated some of them.

"What shall we do? The government refuses to believe that the consumer needs to have our standards set as the minimum acceptable?"

Soon, they decided to select another home inspector association called ASHI and began to incorporate those standards into their own association.

"Now, no one will be able to tell the difference. Maybe now we will look more like home inspectors and be able to fool the legislators into thinking that our ideas represent those of home inspectors in Florida."

And so they continued into the next legislative section...their thirteenth try in as many years.

To be continued...

Is this proven fact, or one persons interpretation? Many here complain of NACHI bashing and their unproven arguments. Are these arguments proven? QUESTION ASKED

No answer, take that as though the above is fabricated. ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

gromicko wrote:
23 new members.

In Florida? If so, you need to make Hooper an Honorary NACHI Recruiter. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--

www.monachi.org

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: evandeven

jbushart wrote:
evandeven wrote:
It has been three months since I didn't renew and still there is mudslinging and childish behavior enough to last a lifetime.

Obviously, you have been tremendously missed.

Yet, for one so glad to be away, why do you still - after refusing to renew -use the NACHI.org link on your website, conduct inspections using the NACHI SOP, and lie to the public with the obviously false statement that you abide by the NACHI code of ethics?

http://www.magnuminspections.com/page5.html

As usual, you speak in half-truths! Or more precisely, blatant lies.
If you will notice, it didn't say that I performed my inspections to NACHI standards. I perform inspections to my standards. I also never stated that I abide by the NACHI coe. I have my own.
They were links to this website, NACHI and NACHI CoE.

Try this: http://www.magnuminspections.com/page2.html

I forgot to remove the NACHI link and code of ethics. It was an oversight. They are now removed. Please don't bring the full wrath of the NACHI legal department down on me!

Quote:
If it were not for the stupidity of some of our detractors like whatsisname, here, and Hooper, I don't know what we would do for entertainment. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) :lol

As far as the above...what size shoe do you wear?

--
Eric Van De Ven
Owner/Inspector
Magnum Inspections Inc.
I get paid to be suspicious when there is nothing to be suspicious about!
www.magnuminspections.com

Originally Posted By: evandeven

And as far as lies go:

bkelly1 wrote:
bkelly1 wrote:
jbushart wrote:
This might explain:

Once upon a time, there was a group of Florida building inspectors who made a living doing code inspections of commercial properties. Some of them were engineers while others held other credentials, but they were all building inspectors.

One day, they decided that they would form an association and they named their association after themselves. It was called the Florida Association of Building Inspectors.

As time went on, these building inspectors noticed that another market and profession had developed for private residential buildings, called home inspections. Home inspectors were making quite a bit of money and the building inspectors looked upon this new market with envy.

"I'd like to have that kind of steady work too" they said to each other "but at our higher commercial prices." So they set out to do exactly that.

First, they opened the doors to their association to some of the home inspectors who were able to pass an entrance exam that they created. The small group of home inspectors who joined the association formed by the building inspectors considered themselves to be credentialed as well, striclty by association. Then, with this small number of home inspectors on board, they pretended to be a home inspector association instead of a building inspector association.

Now, since many of them were technical in their backgrounds, they needed to invent the concept that ALL of their "fellow home inspectors" needed to have the same background so that they could all tap into this new market at the commercially higher rate. They spread out to various message boards, preaching the need to become proficient at knowing the various national and international building codes in order to accomplish a basic home inspection. They tallied the number of years that their average member had been in business and preached that, in order to do a basic home inspection, an inspector must match that level of experience. Aside from their own members and a handful of followers, not too many other people bought into their plan.

"I have an idea," said one. "Let's pretend that this is all in the interest of the consumer's welfare instead of our own greed." He discussed it with the others and soon they were all on board. "In the interest of the consumer, these measures need to be made the standard and to do so, they need to become law." And thus, it became a chartered standard that all members of this association were required to support the need for a law.

Meanwhile, consumers continued to choose the home inspectors who charged reasonable fees instead of the building inspectors. This infuriated some of them.

"What shall we do? The government refuses to believe that the consumer needs to have our standards set as the minimum acceptable?"

Soon, they decided to select another home inspector association called ASHI and began to incorporate those standards into their own association.

"Now, no one will be able to tell the difference. Maybe now we will look more like home inspectors and be able to fool the legislators into thinking that our ideas represent those of home inspectors in Florida."

And so they continued into the next legislative section...their thirteenth try in as many years.

To be continued...

Is this proven fact, or one persons interpretation? Many here complain of NACHI bashing and their unproven arguments. Are these arguments proven? QUESTION ASKED

Any answer yet??

--
Eric Van De Ven
Owner/Inspector
Magnum Inspections Inc.
I get paid to be suspicious when there is nothing to be suspicious about!
www.magnuminspections.com

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.